Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sustainable Water and Wastewater Processing covers the 12 most current topics in the field of sustainable water processing, with emphasis given to water as a resource (quality, supply, distribution, and aquifer recharge). Topics covered include emerging sustainable technologies for potable and wastewater treatment, water reuse and recycling, advanced membrane processes, desalination technologies, integrated and hybrid technologies, process modeling, advanced oxidative and catalytic processes, environmentally, economically and socially sustainable technology for water treatment, industrial water treatment, reuse and recovery of materials, and emerging nanotechnology and biotechnology for water processing.
Responding to the goals of sustainability requires the maximum utilization of all water resources, water processing with restricted energy costs and reduced greenhouse gas production. Following these trends, this book covers all the important aspects of sustainable water processing and support.
- Covers cutting-edge topics of water process engineering, sustainability and energy efficiency
- Fills the transfer knowledge gap between academia and industry by analyzing the associated environmental, economic and sustainability challenges of water processing
- Includes theoretical and applied research and technological and industrial solutions for sustainable, economic and large scale water treatment, recycling and reutilization
- Analyzes potentiality and economic feasibility of already commercialized processes
Environmental technologists and engineers, chemical engineers, academics, researchers, and professionals interested in sustainability and water processing
1. Water as a resource – quality, supply, distribution, and aquifer recharge
2. Advanced desalination technologies
3. Innovative sustainable materials for the photo-induced remediation of polluted waters
4. Emerging sustainable technologies for potable and waste water treatment
5. Environmentally and economically sustainable technologies
6. Advanced oxidative and catalytic processes
7. Greywater treatment and reuse
8. Integrated and hybrid process technology
9. Nanotechnology for water processing
10. Biotechnology for water processing
11. Water Reuse and Recycling
12. Industrial and agroindustrial wastewater treatment and reuse
13. Water recondition in the food processing industry
14. Advanced membrane processes
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 8th May 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Galanakis is an interdisciplinary scientist. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories (Chania, Greece) and the coordinator of the Food Waste Recovery Group of the ISEKI-Food Association (Vienna, Austria). He serves as an expert evaluator and monitor of international and regional funded programs and proposals, whereas he is an editorial board member and subject editor of Food and Bioproducts Processing and Food Research International. He has edited nine books and published ~100 articles
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Dr. Agrafioti is an engineering consultant with a field of expertise spanning across environmental engineering, water and wastewater treatment, waste management, risk management and critical infrastructure security. Dr. Agrafioti is also an academic instructor at the Technical University of Crete, where she teaches topics in “Physical processes for water and wastewater treatment” and in “Occupational Health & Safety” for the School of Environmental Engineering. She holds a Ph.D and M.Sc. in Environmental Engineering and a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering. She has participated in several scientific and organizing committees of scientific events and serves regularly as a reviewer of academic journals. Since 2013, Dr. Agrafioti has participated as a principal researcher in several EU programs (FP7, LiFE+, MED, COST).
Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.