Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to sustainability
2. Sustainability in textiles and apparel
3. Traditional raw materials and problems
4. Sustainable raw materials
5. Yarn and fabric manufacturing: sustainable technologies
6. Enzyme applications in textile chemical processing
7. Plasma technology in fashion and textiles
8. Applications of ultrasound and microwave
9. Applications of laser technology
10. Development of textile colourants
11. Natural textile colourants and recent developments
12. Developments in dyeing and printing technologies
13. Developments in the effluent treatment
14. Garment manufacturing and sustainability
15. Advanced technologies adapted by fashion brands
16. Recycling of hard waste from textile and garment manufacturing processes
17. Recycling of end of life clothes
18. Recycling of plastics into textile raw materials (Discuss about the recycling of PET, PE bottles into fibres, environmental benefits)
Sustainable Technologies for Fashion and Textiles combines the latest academic research and industrial practices to shed light on a wide range of activities that influence how the textiles industry affects the natural environment. Pressure from regulators, customers and other stakeholders has pressed companies to translate general sustainability concepts and ideas into business practices. This is leading to improvements in how the industry consumes water, electricity and chemicals, and to a reduction in the amount of waste generated by textile processes. This book groups approaches to these topics under four themes, fiber, yarn and fabric production, chemical processing, garment manufacturing and recycling.
- Addresses sustainability challenges that occur throughout the supply chain, from the sourcing of raw materials, to recycling finished products
- Provides introductions to sustainability—both in general and within the textiles industry—making this topic accessible for readers of all backgrounds
- Compares the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches to sustainability, helping readers avoid pitfalls when devising their own strategies
Practitioners across the textile industry with an interest in sustainability, including R&D, manufacturing, and management. Academics in the fields of sustainable textiles, materials, or industry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 4th December 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Rajkishore Nayak is currently working as a Senior Lecturer with Fashion Enterprise Department of the School of Communication and Design (SCD) at RMIT University, Saigon South Campus, Vietnam. His teaching interest includes sustainable fashion and textile, circular economy in fashion, sustainable supply chain, advanced manufacturing technology; and research interests includes circular economy, sustainable fashion and textile, sustainable supply chain, social media, eWOM etc. He completed PhD from the School of Fashion and Textiles, RMIT University, Australia. He worked with the School of Fashion and Textiles, RMIT University, Australia from 2012-2016 in teaching and research. He has more than 18 years of experience in teaching and research related to Fashion and Textiles. He has published about 120 peer-reviewed papers in national and international journals and 11 books in fashion and textiles. Rajkishore was awarded with the “RMIT University Excellence in Learning & Teaching Awards, 2019”; “RMIT University Research Excellence Team Awards-2015”. He also received the “RMIT University Teaching and Research Excellence Award-2012” and “RMIT University International Scholarship-2008”.
Senior Lecturer (Fashion Merchandising) Centre of Communication and Design, RMIT University, Vietnam
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.