Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sustainable Resource Recovery and Zero Waste Approaches covers waste reduction, biological, thermal and recycling methods of waste recovery, and their conversion into a variety of products. In addition, the social, economic and environmental aspects are also explored, making this a useful textbook for environmental courses and a reference book for both universities and companies.
- Provides a novel approach on how to achieve zero wastes in a society
- Shows the roadmap on achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Considers critical aspects of municipal waste management
- Covers recent developments in waste biorefinery, thermal processes, anaerobic digestion, material recycling and landfill mining
Students (BSc, MSc and PhD) who study environmental engineering and relevant subjects, such as Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology. Municipalities and Companies that work on relevant topics
1. Agricultural, industrial, municipal and forestry wastes: an overview
2. Life cycle assessments of waste management
3. Waste refinery
4. An Overview of Solid Waste Management toward Zero Landfill: A Swedish Model
5. Factors affecting development of waste management
6. Sustainable Management of Solid Waste
7. Laws and Regulations Governing Waste Management: Institutional Arrangements Regarding Waste Management
8. Source Separation of Household Waste: Technology and Social Aspects
9. Composting of Wastes
10. Vermicomposting of wastes
11. Biogas from Wastes: Processes and Applications
12. Combustion of Wastes in Combined Heat and Power Plants
13. Gasification and Pyrolysis of Waste
14. Syngas fermentation for biofuels and biomaterials productions
15. Metal Recycling
16. Material and Energy Recovery from Electrical and Electronic Equipment Waste: Status, Challenges, and Opportunities
17. Recycling of Thermoset Composites and plastics
18. Recycling of Papers and Fibers
19. Product Design for Material Recovery
20. Landfill Mining: On the Potential and Multifaceted Challenges for Implementation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 19th July 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mohammad J. Taherzadeh is professor in Biotechnology since 2004 at University of Borås in Sweden. He is also director of Resource Recovery, a research profile with about 50 researchers to convert wastes to energy and value-added products. Prof. Taherzadeh has PhD in Bioscience and MSc and Bsc in Chemical Engineering. He is working on converting wastes and residuals to ethanol, biogas, fish feed and superabsorbents, in which fermentation development using bacteria, yeast and filamentous fungi has a heavy weight. Prof. Taherzadeh has more than 120 publications in scientific peer-reviewed journals, 10 book chapters and two patents. Mohammad is the panel chairman of “biotechnology, chemical technology and environmental technology” of Swedish Research Council, and also in the editorial board of Bioresource Technology and BioResources. Some of the papers published by him during last two years are listed as below:
University of Borås in Sweden
Prof. Jonathan Wong is currently a Professor in the Department of Biology at the Hong Kong Baptist University, and Director of the Institute of Bioresource and Agriculture, and Sino-Forest Applied Research Centre for Pearl River Delta Environment and Hong Kong Organic Resource Centre. He is also the Executive Director of Earth Tech Consultancy Co. Ltd. and Hong Kong Organic Resource Centre Certification Ltd. Prof Wong has been working in the area of solid waste management with specialization in bioconversion of organic wastes using innovative composting and anaerobic digestion technology especially in the field of sustainable food waste treatment and conversion technologies for the production of bio-methane, compost etc. Over the years, he has received over HK$150 millions of research funding and published over 400 SCI publication and conference proceedings, 6 Books and 11 research patents with citation of > 10100 and H-index of 58. Professor Wong is an Academician of European Academy of Sciences and Arts, and fellow of Institute of Bioresource Association and Hong Kong Institute of Qualified Environmental Profession. Jonathan was bestowed with Medal of Honours by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2011 and appointed as Justice of Peace in 2014 for his service and contribution to the Environment.
Prof. Ashok Pandey is currently Distinguished Scientist at the Centre for Innovation and Translational Research, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India and Executive Director (Honorary) at the Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability – India. His major research and technological development interests are industrial & environmental biotechnology and energy biosciences, focusing on biomass to biofuels & chemicals, waste to wealth & energy, industrial enzymes, etc. Professor Pandey is Adjunct/Visiting Professor/Scientist in universities in France, Brazil, Canada, China, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, etc and also in several universities several in India. He has ~ 1300 publications/communications, which include 16 patents, 83 books, ~ 700 papers and book chapters, etc with h index of 93 and > 38,000 citations (Goggle scholar). Professor Pandey is Editor-in-chief of Bioresource Technology, Honorary Executive Advisor of Journal of Water Sustainability and Journal of Energy and Environmental Sustainability, Subject Editor of Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India.
Distinguished Scientist, Centre for Innovation and Translational Research, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, India