Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sustainable Production Technology in Food explores several important scientific and practical aspects related to sustainable technologies in food production in both the farm and industry contexts. The book contains 18 chapters that describe the current scenario of technological advances within the food production system, focusing on the context of sustainability and offering future perspectives for the sustainable production of food.
- Presents a comprehensive discussion around the multidisciplinary aspects of technological advances for sustainable food production
- Addresses the current relationship between food production and sustainability
- Closes the gap between the recent technological advances in sustainability by focusing on the food production system
Those working in food technology, food science, nutrition, environmental science, and engineering
- Modern food production: Fundaments; sustainability and the role of technological advances
2. Consumer and market demand for sustainable food products
3. Technological Advances for Sustainable Crop Production
4. Technological Advances for Sustainable Livestock Production
5. Advances in Conventional Technologies for Sustainable Food Production
6. Innovative Technologies in Sustainable Food Production
7. Regulations and policies applied in sustainable food production: Current scenario and future perspectives
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st September 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
José Manuel Lorenzo is Head of Research at the Meat Technology Centre of Galicia, Ourense, Spain. His research focuses on development of new product, processes, and food packaging. He has more than 300 publications and more than 4000 citations. He is an associate editor of the Food Research International, Journal of the Science Food and Agriculture, Food Analytical Methods, and Canadian Journal of Animal Science. Currently, he is directly involved in the: 1) Animal production; 2) Study of natural compounds as food ingredients; 3) Understanding physicochemical, biochemical, sensorial, and microbial changes during the technological processes applied to meat products; and 4) Development of new and healthier meat food products.
Head of Research, Meat Technology Centre of Galicia, Ourense, Spain
Paulo Eduardo Sichetti Munekata is a postdoctoral researcher (Juan de la Cierva – formación scholarship) at the Meat Technology Centre of Galicia (CTC), Ourense, Spain. He is the author of 45 scientific articles in well-recognized peer-reviewed international journals, 15 book chapters in international publishers, 34 communications to national and international congresses. Currently, he is directly involved in projects aiming to: 1) Characterize natural compounds with antioxidant activity; 2) Develop healthier food products (particularly meat products) using natural compounds (specially antioxidants); 3) Study the effect of natural and active ingredients in the technological properties of food products.
Postdoctoral Rsearcher (Juan de la Cierva – formación scholarship), Meat Technology Centre of Galicia (CTC), Ourense, Spain
Francisco Barba Preventive Medicine and Public Health Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Valencia Avda. Vicent Andrés Estellés, s/n, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain.
Preventive Medicine and Public Health Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Valencia Avda. Vicent Andres Estelles, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.