Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to Sustainable Manufacturing
2. Sustainability Aspects in Conventional Machining Processes
3. Cryogenic Machining Process
4. MQL/MQCL Assisted Machining Process
5. Dry Machining Process
6. Machining with High Pressure Cooling
7. Nanofluid Based Machining
8. Machining with Solid Lubricants
9. Sustainability Aspects in Non-Conventional Machining Processes
10. Green, Dry, Near-dry EDM Processes
11. Green ECM Process
12. Ice-Jet Machining Process
13. Sustainable Abrasive Water Jet Machining Process
14. Immersed Laser Machining Process
15. Hybrid Machining Processes
16. Energy- and Resource-Efficient Manufacturing
17. Life Cycle Analysis of Manufacturing Processes
18. Sustainable Casting, Forming, and Welding Processes
19. Sustainable Finishing and Coating Techniques
20. Sustainability in Injection Molding and Additive Manufacturing Processes
21. Reuse, Recycle and Remanufacturing
Sustainable Manufacturing examines the overall sustainability of a wide range of manufacturing processes and industrial systems. With chapters addressing machining, casting, additive and gear manufacturing processes; and hot topics such as remanufacturing, life cycle engineering, and recycling, this book is the most complete guide to this topic available. Drawing on experts in both academia and industry, coverage addresses theoretical developments and practical improvements from research and innovations. This unique book will advise readers on how to achieve sustainable manufacturing processes and systems, and further the clean and safe environment.
This handbook is a part of the four volume set entitled Handbooks in Advanced Manufacturing. The other three address Advanced Machining and Finishing, Advanced Welding and Deforming, and Additive Manufacturing.
- Provides basic to advanced level information on various aspects of sustainable manufacturing
- Presents the strategies and techniques to achieve sustainability in numerous areas of manufacturing and industrial engineering such as environmentally benign machining, sustainable additive manufacturing, remanufacturing and recycling, sustainable supply chain, and life cycle engineering
- Combines contributions from experts in academia and industry with the latest research and case studies
- Explains how to attain a clean, green, and safe environment via sustainable manufacturing
- Presents recent developments and suggests future research directions
Graduate students, researchers, and practitioners working on Advanced Manufacturing
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 30th March 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Kapil Gupta is working as Associate Professor in the Dept. of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Technology at University of Johannesburg. He obtained Ph.D. in mechanical engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing from Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India. Advanced machining processes, sustainable manufacturing, green machining, precision engineering and gear technology are the areas of his interest. He has authored several International Journal and Conference articles. He has also authored and edited international books on hybrid machining, advanced gear manufacturing, micro and precision manufacturing, and sustainable manufacturing. He is also serving editorial and advisory boards of international journals and conferences. He is a rated Researcher in South Africa. Currently, he is supervising many Masters and Doctorate students and hosting Postdoctoral Fellows who are conducting research in advanced and sustainable manufacturing. Sustainability and Fourth Industrial Revolutions are the major topics he is busy working on at present.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Technology, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
Konstantinos Salonitis is a Professor of Manufacturing Systems and the Head of the Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre at Cranfield University, Bedfordshire, UK. He has participated in more than 10 European Commission funded projects as Project Manager or Technical Site Manager. From 2006 to 2010, Dr Salonitis was the Project Manager of an FP6 integrated project (FUTURA - www.futura-ip.eu) on multi-functional materials processing for the automotive industry. Dr Salonitis has published more than 160 research papers in major international journals and internationally referred conferences and authored two books. Dr Salonitis was a Research Affiliate of the CIRP (2007-2013), he is a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the IMechE and the Technical Chamber of Greece. He is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Professor in Manufacturing Systems; Head, Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre, Cranfield University, Bedfordshire, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.