Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to Sustainable Fibres and Textiles
2. Sustainable Cotton Production
3. Sustainable Production of Bast Fibres
4. Sustainable Wool Production
5. Ecological Dyeing of Wool with Biomordants
6. Sustainable Silk Production
7. Sustainable Production of Regenerated Cellulosic Fibres
8. Sustainable Production of Synthetic Fibres
9. Low Water Consumption Technologies for Textile Production
10. Sustainable Chemical Technologies for Textile Production
11. Sustainable Waste Water Treatments in Textile Sector
12. Sustainable Chemical Management and Zero Discharges
13. Sustainable Production and Appliccation of Natural Fibre-Based Non-Woeven
Sustainable Fibres and Textiles provides a whole-lifecycle approach to the subject of sustainable textiles, from fiber production, through manufacturing and low-energy care and recycling. The scientific, industrial, regulatory and social aspects of this lifecycle are explored by an expert author team who bring global perspectives to this important subject.
The first part of the book provides detailed coverage of the sustainable production of textiles, with chapters devoted to each of the main fiber types, including new biosynthetic fibers, such as textiles produced from Polylactic Acid (PLA). The second part examines sustainable production methods, focusing on low carbon production technologies and sustainable, low-pollution methods of processing and dyeing fabrics.
The final sections explore the benefits of textiles designed to enable low-energy fabric care via both finishes used to treat the fabric and better care labelling. Re-use and recycling options are also covered, as are ethical aspects, such as fair trade fabrics.
- Presents an integrated understanding of sustainability through the whole supply-chain – from agriculture, through manufacturing and fabric care, to recycling
- Teachers users how to make optimal choices of fiber and manufacturing technologies to achieve the sustainable production of high-quality apparel and other textile products
- Provides a wider understanding of emerging regulatory frameworks that will shape the future of sustainable textiles
R&D managers in the textile and clothing industries; postgraduate students and academic researchers in textile science; sustainability consultants
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2017
- 7th June 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu holds a PhD in Textiles Sustainability from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is well known for his contributions in the field and has extensive academic and industrial experience. He has got an extensive publication list of over 85 scientific books and over 100 research publications to his credit. He is currently Director & Head of Sustainability for SgT & API, based in Hong Kong. He has over a decade's working experience in the area of Textiles & Clothing sustainability. He has worked with Industries in Asia and Europe for various Sustainability aspects. He is an Editor, Editorial Board member and a Reviewer for many international peer-reviewed journals in textiles and environmental sciences. He is one of the Directors of the Textile and Bioengineering Informatics Society (TBIS), a charitable organization created to foster, develop, and promote all aspects of science and technology in bioengineering of materials, fibers and textiles.
Director & Head of Sustainability, SgT & API, Hong Kong
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.