Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Sustainable Construction Technologies: Life-Cycle Assessment provides practitioners with a tool to help them select technologies that are financially advantageous even though they have a higher initial cost. Chapters provide an overview of LCA and how it can be used in conjunction with other indicators to manage construction. Topics covered include indoor environment quality, energy efficiency, transport, water reuse, materials, land use and ecology, and more. The book presents a valuable tool for construction professionals and researchers that want to apply sustainable construction techniques to their projects. Practitioners will find the international case studies and discussions of worldwide regulation and standards particularly useful.
- Provides a framework for analyzing sustainable construction technologies and economic viability
- Introduces key credit criteria for different sustainable construction technologies
- Covers the most relevant construction areas
- Includes technologies that can be employed during the process of construction, or to the product of the construction process, i.e. buildings
- Analyzes international rating systems and provides supporting case studies
Researchers and Practitioners in Construction Engineering and Built Environment
2. Current Management Approach
4. Indoor environmental quality
5. Life Cycle Energy Consumption of Buildings; Embodied + Operational
6. Energy: Current Approach
7. Sustainable Procurement and Transport of Construction Materials
8. Sustainable Water Use in Construction
11. Sustainable Construction Technology Adoption
12. Lean Principles in Construction
13. BIM-Enabled Sustainable Housing Refurbishment-LCA Case Study
14. Bridging Sustainable Construction Technologies and Heritage: Novel Approach to the Conservation of the Built Environment
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2019
- 3rd January 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, Western Sydney University, Penrith NSW, Australia
Associate Professor, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, Western Sydney University, Australia
Associate Professor Khoa N. Le received his Ph.D. in October 2002 from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. From April 2003 to June 2009, He was a Lecturer at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus, Griffith School of Engineering. From January to July 2008, he was a visiting professor at Intelligence Signal Processing Laboratory, Korea University, Seoul, Korea. From January 2009 to February 2009, he was a visiting professor at the Wireless Communication Centre, University Technology Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. He is currently Associate Professor at School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics, Kingswood, Western Sydney University. His research interests are in wireless communications with applications to structural, construction management problems, image processing and wavelet theory. Since 2003, Associate Professor Le has been an Editor of Journal on Computer Networks and Communications, Hindawi Publishing. Associate Professor Le has also been a Guest Editor of a Special Issue on “polarization in wireless communications” for Physical Communication, Elsevier, 2012. Since 2018, Associate Professor Le has been an Editor for IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology and IET Signal Processing. Associate Professor Le has been Bayu Chair Professor, Chongqing University Science of Technology, 2020-2022.
Associate Professor, School of Engineering, Western Sydney University, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.