The editors will provide a brief outline of each chapter to facilitate readers explaining the overall structure and contents of the book.
- Material selection for fabrication of aerospace components
- The Role of Advanced Polymer Materials in Aerospace (
- Natural fibre based composites materials of the future in aerospace industry
- Manufacturing techniques of composites for aerospace applications
- Design for Manufacturing of Natural/Synthetic fibre reinforced composites for Commercial Aircraft
- Composite Material Overview and its testing for aerospace components
- Physical, Mechanical and Wear behaviour of Composite materials for Aircraft components (
- Low Velocity Impact properties of Natural fibre reinforced composite materials for Aeronautical Applications
- Non-Destructive Testing Evaluation of Low Velocity Impact Damage in natural fibre based Composites
- Mechanical behaviour of a structural component from composite materials for an aircraft wing flap support
- Analysis of Viscoelastic vibration damping materials for Aircraft components
- Flame-retardant fibrous materials for aircraft applications
- Impact damages modelling in laminated composite aircraft structures
- Natural lightweight Hybrid composites for aircraft structural applications
- Potential of Natural fibre/biomass filler reinforced polymer composites in aerospace applications
The potential of natural fibre reinforced polymeric materials in wing structural design
The aerospace industry is currently looking for alternative materials to replace carbon/Kevlar fibers in aerospace internal components to enhance fuel efficiency in aircraft structures. Research centres and industrial organizations have now started to develop interior components using natural fibers and agricultural biomass.
Agricultural biomass; such as natural fibers are abundantly available worldwide; but are not getting proper utilization due to their limitation in processing, properties and applications. By careful reinforcement with biomass fillers in polymers, researchers can develop innovative products for aerospace components with better mechanical and physical properties and novel behavior.
This book presents recent advances in the development, characterization and applications of composite materials produced from natural fibre/biomass as fillers and reinforcements to enhance materials performance towards utilization in aerospace components. Written by leading experts in the field the book chapters provide cutting-edge up-to-date research on the use of composite materials in aerospace components.
The book fills the gap in the published literature (published books on composites do not pay much attention to natural fiber based composites in aerospace components) and provides reference materials for future research in natural fiber and hybrid composite materials, which is much in demand due to the need for sustainable, recyclable and eco-friendly composites.
- Updates about the most relevant natural fibre based composites and their potential to be applied in aircraft applications
- Demonstrates systematic approaches and investigations on design, development, characterization and applications of composite materials in order to establish their important relationship with end-user applications
- A useful reference and technical guide for university academics, R & D sectors, and industrialists working in materials commercialization
- Contributions from leading experts in the field from industry and academia
R&D, designers, materials and aerospace engineers, polymer science and engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st April 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohamed Thariq is a Professional Engineer registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), and is currently attached to the Universiti Putra Malaysia as Director / Head of Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Faculty of Engineering, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Being a Director / Head of AMRC; he is also an Independent Scientific Advisor to the Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC) based in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He has about 10 years of experience in teaching and research. His area of research includes Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Society of Structural Health Monitoring (MSSHM) based in UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia