Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Material selection for fabrication of aerospace components
2. The Role of Advanced Polymer Materials in Aerospace
3. Natural fibre based composites materials of the future in aerospace industry
4. Manufacturing techniques of composites for aerospace applications
5. Design for Manufacturing of Natural/Synthetic fibre reinforced composites for Commercial Aircraft
6. Composite Material Overview and its testing for aerospace components
7. Physical, Mechanical and Wear behaviour of Composite materials for Aircraft components
8. Low Velocity Impact properties of Natural fibre reinforced composite materials for Aeronautical Applications
9. Non-Destructive Testing Evaluation of Low Velocity Impact Damage in natural fibre based Composites
10. Mechanical behaviour of a structural component from composite materials for an aircraft wing flap support
11. Analysis of Viscoelastic vibration damping materials for Aircraft components
12. Flame-retardant fibrous materials for aircraft applications
13. Impact damages modelling in laminated composite aircraft structures
14. Natural lightweight Hybrid composites for aircraft structural applications
15. Potential of Natural fibre/biomass filler reinforced polymer composites in aerospace applications
16. The potential of natural fibre reinforced polymeric materials in wing structural design
Sustainable Composites for Aerospace Applications presents innovative advances in the fabrication, characterization and applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites. It covers fundamental structural and chemical knowledge and explores various properties and characterization techniques, including microscopic, spectroscopic and mechanical behaviors. Users will find a strong focus on the potential applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites, such as in energy, electronics, electromagnetic shielding, biomedical, agricultural, food packaging and water purification functions. This book provides comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge research in the field of LDH polymer nanocomposites and future applications, and is an essential read for all academics, researchers, engineers and students working in this area.
- Presents fundamental knowledge of LDH polymer nanocomposites, including chemical composition, structural features and fabrication techniques
- Provides an analytical overview of the different types of characterization techniques and technologies
- Contains extensive reviews on cutting-edge research for future applications in a variety of industries
R&D, designers, materials and aerospace engineers, polymer science and engineering professionals
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st May 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohamed Thariq is a Professional Engineer registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), and is currently attached to the Universiti Putra Malaysia as Director / Head of Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Faculty of Engineering, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Being a Director / Head of AMRC; he is also an Independent Scientific Advisor to the Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC) based in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He has about 10 years of experience in teaching and research. His area of research includes Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Society of Structural Health Monitoring (MSSHM) based in UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.