- Includes online access to the full text at expertconsult.com for convenient anytime, anywhere reference.
- Presents state-of-the-art surgical management strategies for hip arthritis—from reconstruction to replacement to revision—by experts worldwide, for comprehensive guidance in one convenient resource.
- Offers current information on computer-assisted navigation techniques and minimally invasive techniques, to equip you with the latest surgical options.
- Provides extensive discussions of the management of a full range of complications to help you overcome the challenges you’ll face.
- Addresses the rationale for and management of revision surgery, given specific patient problems and intraoperative issues, enabling you to make the best informed surgical decisions.
- Presents more than 600 illustrations, including original line art, radiologic images, and full-color intraoperative photos, that show you exactly what to look for and how to proceed.
- Includes a DVD containing step-by-step narrated videos of surgeries covered in the text, depicting these procedures in action.
1 Evaluation Of Hip Pain In Adults
Gregg R. Klein, Peter F. Sharkey
2 Radiological Evaluation Of Hip Arthroplasty
3 Cross Sectional Imaging Of The Hip
Adam C. Zoga, W. James Malone
4 Assessing Clinical Results/ Outcome Measures
G. Rebecca Aspinall, Michael J. Dunbar
SECTION II: RECONSTRUCTION
5 Arthroscopy Of The Hip
Joseph C. McCarthy, Jo-Ann Lee
6 Femoroacetabular Osteoplasty
Rafael J. Sierra, Michael Leunig, Reinhold Ganz
7 Femoral Osteotomy
Moritz Tannast, Klaus A. Siebenrock
8 Periacetabular Osteotomy
Marc Teloken, Javad Parvizi
SECTION III: REPLACEMENT
9 Indications For Primary THR
Michael E. Berend
10 Preoperative Planning For Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty
J. De Beer
11 Surgical Approach / Direct Anterior
12 The Anterolateral Minimal / Limited Incision Intermuscular Approach For Total Hip Arthroplasty
Donald S. Garbuz, Gurdeep S. Biring, Clive P. Duncan
13 The Direct Lateral Approach For Total Hip Arthroplasty
Ormonde M. Mahoney, Tracy L. Kinsey
14 Posterior And Posteroinferior Approaches To The Hip
P.J. Lusty, W.L. Walter, D. Young
15 Dual Incision Approach For Total Hip Arthroplasty
Joseph P. Nessler
16 The Cemented All-Polyethylene Acetabular Component
Amar S. Ranawat, Chitranjan S. Ranawat
17 Operative Technique: Cemented Stem For Primary THR
Ashutosh, Acharya, Andrew John Timperley
18 Cementless Acetabular Fixation
Curtis W. Hartman, Kevin L. Garvin
19 Component Implantation: Cementless Tapered Stem
Matthew S. Austin
20 Tapered Cementless Stems: The Author’s Experience
William N. Capello
21 Fully Coated Cementless Femoral Stem In Total Hip Arthroplasty: Surgical Technique Bill K. Huang, James P