This one-of-a-kind reference provides a comprehensive and practical guide to help you interpret endoscopic biopsies and resection specimens of all organs related to the digestive system. Plus, thanks to Expert Consult, you’ll be able to access the entire contents of this title online and download all images, from anywhere there’s an internet connection. The more than 2250 high quality illustrations, 30% more than in the first edition, help you recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope. Five new chapters, additional expert authors, expanded tables, and coverage of the current clinical approach to management and treatment options, particularly screening and surveillance recommendations for preneoplastic disorders, round out this unique reference.
- Acts as a one-stop resource for the entire gastrointestinal system, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas.
- Incorporates over 2250 high quality color illustrations so you can recognize and diagnose any tissue sample under the microscope.
- Provides all the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup including data from ancillary techniques and molecular findings whenever appropriate.
- Simplifies complex topics and streamlines decision-making using extensive tables, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Helps you avoid diagnostic errors thanks to practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
Part 1: Gastrointestinal Tract
Section I: General Pathology of the GI Tract
1.GI Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology, Brian C. Jacobson, James M. Crawford, Francis A. Farraye
2.Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology, Arati Pratap, Francis A. Farraye
3.Diagnostic Cytology of the GI Tract, Helen H. Wang
4.Infectious Disorders of the GI Tract, Laura W. Lamps
5.Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the GI Tract, Elizabeth Harris, Kay Washington
6.Systemic Illnesses Involving the GI Tract, David N. B. Lewin
7.Neuromuscular Disorders of the GI Tract, Dhanpat Jain
8.Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the GI Tract, Pierre Russo, Dale Huff
9.GI Tract Enteropathies of Infancy and Childhood, Pierre Russo
10. Vascular Disorders of the GI Tract, A. Brian West, Kisha A. Mitchell
Section II: Inflammatory Disorders of the GI Tract
11. Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus, Ana Bennett, John R. Goldblum, Robert D. Odze
12. Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach, Richard H. Lash, Gregory Y. Lauwers, Robert D. Odze, Robert M. Genta
13. Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine, Marie E. Robert
14. Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine, Joel K. Greenson, Robert D. Odze
15. Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix, Jason Daniels, Elizabeth Montgomery
Section III: Polyps of the GI Tract
16. Polyps of the Esophagus, Audrey Lazenby
17. Polyps of the Stomach, Jerrold R. Turner, Robert D. Odze
18 . Polyps of the Small Intestine, Rhonda K. Yantiss, Donald A. Antonioli
19. Polyps of the Large Intestine, Jason L. Hornick, Robert D. Odze
Section IV: Epithelial Neoplasms of the GI Tract
20. Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus, Jonathan N. Glickman, Robert D. Odze
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2009
- 30th December 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Chief, GI Pathology Service, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
Chairman of Pathology, Cleveland Clinic; Professor of Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
“Deserves the attention of the entire pathology and gastroenterology community … An absolute must for your sign-out room and departmental library" Modern Pathology, review of previous edition
"This is a considerably improved second edition of an excellent book that was well received by pathologists worldwide five years ago. It belongs on the list of essential pathology texts and should be in all departmental pathology libraries as well as general medical libraries. That way it could be used as a reference by nonpathologists, including internists,surgeons, and radiologists." Doody's Book Review, 4 Stars ****
"The 2nd edition of this multiauthor GI pathology textbook is a must-have for pathologists practising lumenal pathology of the GI tract" Pathlab.org, October 2009