Make sure you can identify the many different types of surgical instruments! Surgical Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition is a quick "go-to" source for information on over 160 of the most commonly used surgical instruments. Each two-page spread features full-color photos of an instrument and its tip (if applicable), and then describes how it is used, its common variations, and any alternative names. Written by Maryann Papanier Wells, this compact, durable reference is easy to keep with you at all times. With instruments alphabetized within each major instrument class, locating specific information has never been easier!
- Two-page spreads show a single instrument, its tip (if applicable), name, uses in surgery, varieties, and any alternative names.
- Instruments are organized alphabetically within 12 major categories for quick and easy reference.
- Commonly used instrument sets are described in the last chapter, providing everything you need in preparing for most major procedures.
- Instrument at-a-glance view and spiral binding make this an ideal flashcard-style study tool.
5. Suture Devices/Needle Holders
6. Suction Tips
8. Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments
9. Internal Staplers
10. Surgical Power Tools
11. Routine Instrument Sets
- © Saunders 2011
- 4th October 2010
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Nurse Manager, Perioperative Nursing, The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA