Unique in the field, Surgical Implantation of Cardiac Rhythm Devices provides complete, easy-to-follow guidance for safe, effective surgical implantation of pacemakers, ICDs, and other devices. Beginning with surgical anatomy and surgical principles, expert authors provide thorough coverage of surgical technique and procedures – everything from sutures to special circumstances and complications. Detailed, high-quality illustrations show you exactly how to proceed, and each procedure includes an accompanying video clip online.
- Outlines relevant anatomic structures and landmarks, as well as various types of sutures and instruments.
- Provides authoritative, detailed guidance on transvenous lead placement, including novel or alternative placements, as well as implantation of subcutaneous ICDs.
- Covers tools and techniques, anesthesia, radiation safety, pitfalls and complications, tips and pearls, patient preparation, postoperative patient management, and follow-up care.
- Offers expert coverage of pediatric considerations and other special circumstances.
- Allows you to view surgical procedures and relevant anatomy in video clips online, as well as through extensive, high-quality illustrations in the text.
- Ideal for EP fellows, practicing electrophysiologists, and cardiologists who perform surgical procedures to implant pacemakers, ICDs, and other devices.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. Development of Cardiac Implantable Electrical Devices
2. Surgical Anatomy for the Implanting Physician
3. Surgical Techniques and Tools
4. Anesthesia for Interventional Cardiology
5. Radiation Safety
6. Patient Preparation
7. Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device Surgical Implant
8. Transvenous Lead Placement
9. Considerations for Novel or Alternative Lead Placement
10. Implanting the Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator
11. Device Implantation in Pediactrics and Congential Heart Disease
12. Special Circumstances and Obstacles
13. Pitfalls and Complications
14. Prevention, Evaluation and Management of Cardiac Rhythm Device Infections
15. Postoperative Management
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 18th April 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cardiologist, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington