Surgery of the Hip is your definitive, comprehensive reference for hip surgery, offering coverage of state-of-the-art procedures for both adults and children. Modelled after Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee, it presents detailed guidance on the latest approaches and techniques, so you can offer your patients - both young and old - the best possible outcomes.
- Master the latest methods such as the use of fixation devices for proximal femoral fractures, hip preservation surgery, and problems with metal on metal-bearing implants.
- Make optimal use of the latest imaging techniques, surgical procedures, equipment, and implants available.
- Navigate your toughest clinical challenges with vital information on total hip arthroplasty, pediatric hip surgery, trauma, and hip tumor surgery.
- Browse the complete contents online, view videos of select procedures, and download all the images at www.expertconsult.com!
Section I: Basic Science
1. Biomechanics of the Human Hip
2. Biomechanics of the Artificial Hip
3. Tribology of the Artificial Hip
4. Materials in Hip Surgery: Polymethylmethacrylate
5. Materials in Hip Surgery: High Molecular Weight Polyethylene
6. Materials in Hip Surgery: Metals for Cemented and Uncemented Implants
7. Materials in Hip Surgery: Mechanical Properties that Influence Design and Performance of Ceramics Hip Bearings
8. Materials in Hip Surgery: Metals as a Bearing Material
9. Materials in Hip Surgery: Porous Metals for Implant Fixation
10. Materials in Hip Surgery: Bioactive Coatings for Implant Fixation
11. Biologic Responses to Particle Debris
12. Biological Responses to Metal Debris and Metal Ions
13. Bone Grafts in Hip Surgery
Section II: Anatomy and Operative Approaches
14. Normal Hip Embryology and Development
15. Anatomy of the Hip
16. Exposures of the Acetabulum
17. Direct Anterior Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty
18. Anterolateral Approach for Primary Total Hip Replacement
19. Posterior Approaches to the Hip
20. Trochanteric Approaches to the Hip
21. Extensile Approaches for Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
22. Minimally Invasive Hip Arthroplasty
Section III: Perioperative Management in Hip Surgery
23. Blood Management
24. Anesthesia for Hip Surgery: Options and Risks
25. Mortality After Total Hip Surgery
26. Perioperative Medical Management of Hip Surgery Patients
27. Perioperative Pain Management
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 25th January 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: