1. Overview of Surface and Interface Science
2. Adsorbents Technology
3. Synthesis of Nanomaterials as Adsorbents
4. Characterization of Nanomaterials as Adsorbents
5. Surface Properties of Nanomaterials as Adsorbents
6. Interface Interaction between Nanoadsorbent and Adsorbate
7. Chemical and Physical Properties
8. Applications to Environmental Remediation: Liquid Phases
9. Applications to Environmental Remediation: Gas Phases
10. Other Applications to Environmental Remediation
Surface Science of Adsorbents and Nanoadsorbents, Volume TBD: Properties and Applications in Environmental Remediation presents a unique collection of timely information on the surface science of adsorbents and nanoadsorbents. The book offers a perfect source to document developments and innovations, ranging from materials development and characterization of properties, to applications that encompass the enhancement of sorption, degradation processes, and their usage for the removal of different pollutants, including heavy metals, dyes and pesticides, etc. It is written for post-graduate students, scientists in academia and industry, chemical engineers, and water-quality monitoring agencies working in water treatment, efficient materials, nanomaterials development and quality control.
- Provides the theoretical and scientific foundation for understanding synthesis and applications in nano adsorbent material
- Presents numerous examples to help users gain an understanding of each subject
- Includes a variety of illustrations that further enhance the content
Postgraduate students, scientists in academia and industry, chemical engineers, and water-quality monitoring agencies working in the field of water treatment, efficient materials and nanomaterials development and quality control
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 1st July 2029
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Tawfik Abdo Saleh is a faculty member in the Chemistry Department at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. He has published several papers in international refereed journals and conference proceedings, has authored and edited several books and book chapters, and he is a member of several local and international scientific societies. He has supervised many graduate students. His expertise includes, but is not limited to, the synthesis, design, and preparation of materials, nanomaterials, nanocomposites, and hybrid materials and their applications. His expertise also includes materials characterization using various techniques.
Chemistry Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Vinod Kumar Gupta is Professor of Chemistry at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India, and is currently working as SARCHI Chair Professor in the Applied Chemistry Department at the University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa. He has published more than 500 papers with 37,000 citations and an h-index of 127. He is editor of many journals and is on the editorial board of more than 20 international journals. He has more than 30 years of research experience in environmental engineering, electro-analytical chemistry, chemical sensors, and waste management.
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India, and Applied Chemistry Department, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa