Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Basics of Nanostructure Processing
2. Influence of Deformation Mechanisms on Grain Refinement
3. Processing Ultrafine-Grained and Nanostructured Materials
4. Characteristics of Grain Boundary Ensembles
5. Orientation-distributed Parameters of the Polycrystalline Structure
6. Experimental Investigations of Grain Boundary Ensembles in Polycrystals
7. Effect of the Parameters of Quasi-Hydrostatic Pressure on the Microstructure and Grain Boundary Ensembles in Nicke
8. Grain Boundary Processes in Ultrafine-Grained and Nanostructured FCC Metals
9. Microstructure, Mechanical Behavior, and Wear Resistance in UFG Copper and Copper Alloy
10. Microstructure, Mechanical Behavior, and Functional Properties of HCP Metals Subjected to Severe Plastic Deformation
11. Structural Superplasticity of Polycrystalline Materials
12. Grain Boundary Sliding in Metallic Bi- and Tricrystals
13. Percolation Mechanism of Deformation Processes in Ultrafine-Grained Polycrystals
14. Duration of the Stable Flow in Superplastic Deformation
15. Derivation of Constitutive Equations in Multicomponent Loading Conditions
Superplasticity and Grain Boundaries in Ultrafine-Grained Materials, Second Edition, provides cutting-edge modeling solutions surrounding the role of grain boundaries in processes such as grain boundary diffusion, relaxation and grain growth. In addition, the book's authors explore the formation and evolution of the microstructure, texture and ensembles of grain boundaries in materials produced by severe plastic deformation. This updated edition, written by leading experts in the field, has been revised to include new chapters on the basics of nanostructure processing, the influence of deformation mechanisms on grain refinement, processing techniques for ultrafine-grained and nanostructured materials, and much more.
- Provides practical applications and methods for the proper implementation of models, allowing for more effective complex metal forming processes
- Features new chapters on the microstructure, mechanical behavior and functional properties of HCP metals, processing ultrafine-grained and nanostructured materials, and more
- Covers experimental assessment and computational modeling techniques for adiabatic heating and saturation of grain refinement during SPD of metals and alloys
Academic researchers in materials science, mechanical engineering, and mechanical metallurgy; advanced graduate students; practicing engineers, materials scientists, and physicists
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Principal Research Scientist, Institute for Metals Superplasticity Problems, Russian Academy of Science. Dr. Zhilyaev has published more than 150 articles in peer-reviewed journals and his work has been cited over 6000 times. He is currently a visiting professor and research fellow at the Barcelona East School of Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, and prior to that was a visiting research fellow in the faculty of engineering at University of Southampton.
Head of the Laboratory for Severe Plastic Deformation (SPD) Technologies
Principal Researcher, Institute for Metals Superplasticity Problems, Russian Academy of Science
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.