Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Superhydrophobic Polymer Coatings: Fundamentals, Design, Fabrication, and Applications offers a comprehensive overview of the preparation and applications of polymer coatings with superhydrophobicity, guiding the reader through advanced techniques and scientific principles. Sections present detailed information on the fundamental theories and methods behind the preparation of superhydrophobic polymer coatings and demonstrate the current and potential applications of these materials, covering a range of novel and marketable uses across industry, including coatings with properties such as foul resistance and self-cleaning, anti-icing and ice-release, corrosion inhibition, antibacterial, anti-reflection, slip and drag reduction, oil-water separation, and advanced medical applications.
This book is a highly valuable resource for academic researchers, scientists and advanced students working on polymer coatings or polymer surface modifications, as well as professionals across polymer science, polymer chemistry, plastics engineering, and materials science. The detailed information in this book will also be of great interest to scientists, R&D professionals, product designers and engineers who are looking to develop products with superhydrophobic coatings.
- Presents in-depth information on the advanced methods required in the preparation of superhydrophobic polymer coatings
- Covers the latest advances in the design of polymer coatings with superhydrophobic properties, including nanofabrication
- Explains cutting-edge industrial and medical applications, including self-cleaning coatings, corrosion inhibition, anti-icing and ice-release, and oil-water separation
Academic: Researchers, scientists and (post)graduate students in polymer coatings, surface modification of polymers, polymer science, polymer chemistry, plastics engineering, and materials science. Industry: Scientists and R&D professionals leading research on polymer coatings and surfaces; designers, technicians and engineers across industries looking to utilize hydrophobic polymer coatings for their products
Section I: Fundamental, Design and Fabrication of Superhydrophobic Polymer Coatings
1. Fundamentals of superhydrophobic surfaces
2. Superhydrophobic polymer coating: A design perspective
3. Methods and fabrication techniques of superhydrophobic surfaces
4. Nanomaterials for design and fabrication of superhydrophobic polymer coating
5. Characterization of superhydrophobic polymer coating
6. The stability of the superhydrophobic surfaces
7. Biological adhesion behavior of superhydrophobic polymer coating
Section II: Potential Applications of Superhydrophobic Polymers Coatings
8. Superhydrophobic foul resistant and self-cleaning polymer coating
9. Superhydrophobic antiicing and ice-release polymer coatings
10. Superhydrophobic corrosion inhibition polymer coatings
11. Superhydrophobic antibacterial polymer coatings
12. Superhydrophobic antireflective polymer coatings with improved solar cell efficiency
13. Interfacial slip-and-drag reduction by superhydrophobic polymer coating
14. Superhydrophobic coatings for medical applications
15. Superhydrophobic surfaces for oil-water separation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 16th August 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sushanta Ku Samal is a Scientist at LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India. He has 10 years of research and academic experience, with research focused on polymer composites, nanocomposites, blend and alloys, functional polymer coatings, nano/micro hybrid surface, multifunctional materials for various applications, and new bio-compatible/degradable materials.
Scientist, LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India
Smita Mohanty is the senior scientist at LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India. She has over 15 years of experience, with research interests in polymers, coatings, adhesives, paints and composites, biomaterials, and functionalization of polymeric materials. She has published over 150 articles in international peer reviewed journals and was the winner of the National Awards by the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India, and Young Scientist Award by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
Senior Scientist, LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India
Sanjay Kumar Nayak is Director General (DG) of CIPET and Professor & Chair at LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India. He has more than 300 research publications in high impact international journals, and has published books in diverse areas of polymer science & technology.
Director General (DG) of CIPET, Professor and Chair, LARPM-CIPET, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Govt. of India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.