The new contract has much more in the way of discussion and negotiation between GP practices and LMCs and the PCOs, between practices and Acute Trusts, and between different practices than the old Red Book. Many GPs feel unskilled and ill prepared to take on this role of negotiating and are worried that they will not get the best deal, or will be taken advantage of. SUCCESSFUL NEGOTIATING IN THE NEW CONTRACT outlines the basic elements of a successful negotiation. It tries to demystify the process, giving easy steps to follow, to help LMCs, GPs and their practice managers feel more capable of undertaking successful negotiations in the future
- Written in straightforward style, with easy-to-follow steps to help the user through the negotiating process.
- Discusses the the actual contract meeting.
- Gives helpful preparation hints, tips on strategy and behaviour, and what to do between meetings.
- Chapter coverage includes -
Anyone can do it - What to do before you get in "the room" - Prepare before the meeting - The meeting itself - basic skills - At the end - don't lose any gains you've made by sloppiness now - Learn from each negotiation.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2004
- 23rd March 2004
- Paperback ISBN:
Chairman of GPC Wales; Member GPC UK New GMS Contract Negotiating Team