Updated to correspond to the bestselling textbook, the Study Guide for Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 11th Edition features Next Generation NCLEX®-style case studies and questions, key terms, and critical thinking exercises to help you learn difficult concepts. With practical activities and answers for review questions at the back of the guide, it enhances your comprehension — and helps you to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Key term mastery exercises include matching and fill-in-the-blank questions to give students the opportunity to test their ability to define all key terms highlighted in the corresponding textbook chapter.
- Concept and content review exercises include matching, fill-in-the-blank, true-false, short answer, and multiple choice to help students test their understanding upon completion of reading the chapter.
- Critical-thinking activities include case-based exercises that require students to apply the concepts found in the chapters to solve problems, make decisions concerning care management, and provide responses to patient questions and concerns.
- Perforated pages offer flexibility and ease of use.
- Answers for review questions and learning activities are provided at the end of the book.
1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing
2. Family, Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion
3. Developmental and Genetic Influences on Child Health Promotion
4. Communication and Physical Assessment of the Child and Family, Nutrition Section
5. Pain Assessment in Children
6. Childhood Communicable and Infectious Diseases
7. Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family
8. Health Problems of Newborns
9. Health Promotion of the Infant and Family
10. Health Problems of Infants
11. Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family
12. Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family
13. Health Problems of Toddlers and Preschoolers
14. Health Promotion of the School Age Child and Family
15. Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family
16. Health Problems of School Age Children and Adolescents
17. Impact of Chronic Illness, Disability, or End-of-Life Care for the Child and Family
18. Impact of Cognitive or Sensory Impairment on the Child and Family
19. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
20. Pediatric Nursing Interventions and Skills
21. The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
22. The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
23. The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
24. The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
25. NEW! The Child with Cancer
26. The Child with Genitourinary Dysfunction
27. The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction
28. The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
29. The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
30. The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
31. The Child with Integumentary Dysfunction
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Director, Global HOPE Nursing, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas; Bessie Baker Professor Emerita of Nursing, Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Staff PALS Coordinator Children's Hospital at Saint Francis Tulsa, OK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.