Part One: Overview of Pharmacology
1. Drug Actions and Body Responses
2. Safely Preparing and Giving Drugs
3. Teaching Patients About Drug Therapy
Part Two: Mathematics in Pharmacology
4. Medical Systems of Weights and Measures
5. Math Review and Introduction to Dosage Calculation
6. Dosage Calculation of Intravenous Solutions and Drugs
Part Three: Clinical Categories and Uses of Drugs
7. Drugs for Pain and Sleep Problems
8. Anti-inflammatory Drugs
9. Anti-infective Drugs: Antibacterial Drugs
10. Anti-infective Drugs: Antiviral Drugs
11. Anti-infective Drugs: Antitubercular and Antifungal Drugs
12. Drugs that Affect Urine Output
13. Drugs for Hypertension
14. Drugs for Heart Failure
15. Antidysrhythmic Drugs
16. Drugs for High Blood Lipids
17. Drugs that Affect Blood Clotting
18. Drugs for Asthma and Other Respiratory Problems
19. Drugs for Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, and Constipation
20. Drugs for Gastric Ulcers and Reflux
21. Drugs for Seizures
22. Drugs for Depression, Anxiety, and Psychosis
23. Drugs for Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Disease
24. Drugs for Endocrine Problems
25. Drugs for Diabetes
26. Drugs for Glaucoma
27. Drugs for Cancer Therapy
Reinforce your understanding of drugs and medication safety! Corresponding to the chapters in Understanding Pharmacology: Essentials for Medication Safety, by M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Linda A. LaCharity, PhD, RN, and Susan L. Kruchko, MS, RN, this study guide offers content review and a wide range of engaging activities to help you master key pharmacology concepts and practice dosage calculation.
- Learning Activities reinforce important content for each chapter.
- Medication Safety Practice Questions help you review math skills, practice dosage calculations in realistic clinical scenarios, and reinforce vital medication safety points.
- A Practice Quiz at the end of each chapter helps you prepare for exams and ensures content mastery.
- Study Tips for Students Who Speak English as a Second Language provide extra help for anyone struggling with the language.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Formerly, Accelerated Program Director and Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio