Introduction to Pathophysiology
PART ONE: BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Unit 1: The Cell
1. Cellular Biology
2. Genes and Genetic Diseases
3. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
4. Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Unit 2: Mechanisms of Self-Defense
5. Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
6. Adaptive Immunity
7. Infection and Defects in Mechanisms of Defense
8. Stress and Disease
Unit 3: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer
9. Biology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment of Cancer
10. Cancer Epidemiology
11. Cancer in Children
PART TWO: BODY SYSTEMS AND DISEASES
Unit 4: The Neurologic System
12. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
13. Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function
14. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics and Motor Function
15. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction
16. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
Unit 5: The Endocrine System
17. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
18. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
Unit 6: The Hematologic System
19. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System
20. Alterations of Hematologic Function
21. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
Unit 7: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
22. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
23. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
24. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
Unit 8: The Pulmonary System
25. Structure and Function of the Pulmona
Designed to be used in tandem with the Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition textbook, this study guide provides an in-depth review of the most important pathophysiology facts and information. Learning objectives, Memory Check! boxes, and practice examinations for each chapter hone your understanding and help you review key concepts from the text. This edition also features a greater variety in exercises and more case study questions for further analysis. Answers to the practice examinations and a discussion of each case study question can be found in the back of the study guide.
- Comprehensive coverage corresponds with the main text -- the bestselling pathophysiology text on the market.
- Learning objectives keep your focus on the essential information in the text.
- Memory Check! boxes help you remember key points from the text.
- Algorithms include flowcharts of diseases and disorders.
- Practice examinations provide immediate feedback on content learned.
- More than 35 case studies improve your critical thinking skills.
- Answers to case studies and practice examinations appear at the end of the book so you can receive immediate feedback.
- 1000+ questions offer complete coverage of all areas of pathophysiology.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Professor, College of Health Professions, Weber State University, Odgen, UT