Designed to reinforce your understanding through hands-on work with high-quality published studies, the Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research, 7th Edition, provides both time-tested and innovative exercises for each chapter in the Grove & Gray textbook. This new edition includes an expanded focus on evidence-based practice, with each chapter featuring Terms and Definitions, Linking Ideas, Web-Based Activities, and Conducting Critical Appraisals to Build an Evidence-Based Practice. The Study Guide is built around three high-quality published research studies located in the appendices and referenced throughout the book. These full-text articles, selected for particular relevance to you, will help you better understand the research and evidence-based practice processes and help you learn to appraise and apply research findings to clinical settings.
- Time-tested and innovative exercises include brief Introductions, Key Terms exercises, Key Ideas exercises, Making Connections exercises, Exercises in Critical Appraisal, and Going Beyond exercises to promote in-depth learning for a variety of learning styles.
- Answer key allows you to check your understanding and learn from your mistakes (formative assessment).
- Quick-reference printed tabs have been added to differentiate the answer key and each of the book's three published studies appendices (four tabs total) for improved navigation and usability.
- Learning activities for each textbook chapter reinforce key concepts and guide you in application to evidence-based clinical practice.
1. Introduction to Nursing Research and Its Importance in Building an Evidence-Based Practice
2. Introduction to Quantitative Research
3. Introduction to Qualitative Research
4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5. Examining Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11. Understanding Statistics in Research
12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14. Introduction to Additional Research Methodologies in Nursing: Mixed-Methods and Outcomes Research NEW!
A. Hallas et al. Study
B. Erikson & Davies Study
C. Wendler et al. Study
D. Appraisal Guidelines NEW!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2019
- 28th September 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas
George W. and Hazel M. Jay Professor, College of Nursing; Associate Dean and Chair, Department of MSN Administration, Education, and PhD Programs, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas