SECTION 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting
1. The Health Care System
2. The Professional Medical Assistant
3. Ethics and Law for the Medical Office
4. Interacting with Patients
SECTION 2: Anatomy and Physiology
5. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System
8. Muscular System
9. Nervous System
11. Endocrine System
12. Circulatory System
13. Respiratory System
14. Digestive System
15. Urinary System
16. Reproductive System
SECTION 3: Clinical Component
17. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
18. Sterilization and Disinfection
19. Vital Signs
20. The Physical Examination
21. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
22. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
23. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
24. The Pediatric Examination
25. Minor Office Surgery
26. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
27. Cardiopulmonary Procedures
28. Specialty Examinations and Procedures: Colon Procedures, Male Reproductive Health, and Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
29. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
33. Blood Chemistry and Immunology
35. Emergency Medical Procedures
SECTION 4: Administrative Component
36. The Medical Record
37. Patient Reception
38. Medical Office Computerization
39. Telephone Techniques
40. Scheduling Appointments
41. Medical Records Management
42. Written Communications
44. Managing Practice Finances
45. Medical Coding
46. Medical Insurance
47. Billing and Collections
48. Office Management and Eme
Use this study tool to master the content from your Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 2nd Edition textbook! Corresponding to the chapters in the textbook by Kathy Bonewit-West, Sue Hunt, and Edith Applegate, this study guide helps you understand and apply the material with practical exercises, activities, flashcards, checklists, review questions, and more.
- Chapter assignment tables at the beginning of chapters guide you through textbook and study guide assignments, and make it easy to track your progress.
- Laboratory assignment tables list the procedures in each chapter, including study guide page number references, and indicate the procedures shown on the DVDs.
- A pretest and posttest in each chapter measure your understanding with 10 true/false questions.
- Key term assessments include exercises to help in reviewing and mastering new vocabulary.
- Evaluation of Learning questions let you assess your understanding, evaluate progress, and prepare for the certification examination.
- Critical thinking activities let you apply your knowledge to real-life situations.
- Practice for Competency sections offer extra practice on clinical skills presented in the book.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists evaluate your performance versus stated objectives and updated CAAHEP performance standards.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 10th October 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants
Former Professor and Coordinator, Medical Assisting Program, Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA
Professor of Sciences and Mathematics, Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH