Reinforce your understanding of the concepts in Patton and Thibodeau’s The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition! Corresponding to the chapters in the text, this study guide reviews essential medical terminology, concepts and processes related to the anatomy and physiology of the human body, and body function in health and disease. A variety of exercises make it easy to review and apply key concepts, and labeling of anatomy drawings helps you learn anatomical structures and terminology.
- UPDATED! Did You Know? provides fun, interesting facts on A&P topics.
- A brief synopsis at the beginning of each chapter previews core concepts that will be covered.
- Crossword Puzzle, Unscramble and Word Find activities help you learn new vocabulary terms and their proper spelling.
- Diagrams and labeling exercises reinforce your understanding of where the structures of the body are located.
- Answers to exercises are located in the back of the study guide, along with page-number references to the textbook.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
2. Chemistry of Life
5. Organ Systems of the Body
6. Mechanisms of Disease
7. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
8. The Skeletal System
9. The Muscular System
10. The Nervous System
11. The Senses
12. The Endocrine System
14. The Heart
15. The Circulation of the Blood
16. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
17. The Respiratory System
18. The Digestive System
19. Nutrition and Metabolism
20. The Urinary System
21. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
22. Acid-Base Balance
23. The Reproductive Systems
24. Growth and Development
25. Genetics and Genetic Diseases
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 15th February 2013
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.