This essential study guide is thoroughly updated to reflect the refocused content of Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice, 9th Edition. This chapter-by-chapter review offers a variety of innovative learning activities and multiple-choice questions to help strengthen your research application skills and prepare you for questions you will face on the NCLEX® Exam.
- Chapter-by-chapter review and application questions correspond to the LoBiondo-Wood & Haber textbook.
PART I. OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
1. Integrating Research, Evidence-Based Practice, and Quality Improvement Processes
2. Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions
3. Gathering and Appraising the Literature
4. Theoretical Frameworks for Research
PART II. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
5. Introduction to Qualitative Research
6. Qualitative Approaches to Research
7. Appraising Qualitative Research
PART III. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
8. Introduction to Quantitative Research
9. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs
10. Nonexperimental Designs
11. Systematic Reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines
13. Legal and Ethical Issues
14. Data Collection Methods
15. Reliability and Validity
16. Data Analysis: Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
17. Understanding Research Findings
18. Appraising Quantitative Research
PART IV. APPLICATION OF RESEARCH: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
19. Strategies and Tools for Developing an Evidence-Based Practice
20. Developing an Evidence-Based Practice
21. Quality Improvement
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 21st July 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor, Director of PhD Nursing Program, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Nursing Systems and Technology, Houston, Texas
Judith Haber, PhD, RN, FAAN
The Ursula Springer Leadership Professor in Nursing, Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York University, New York, New York
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.