This essential study guide is completely updated to reflect the evidence-based focus and fresh content of the 7th edition of Nursing Research. It provides chapter-by-chapter review and a variety of innovative learning activities to help you strengthen your critical appraisal and research application skills.
- Introduction and Learning Outcomes help you focus on key content.
- Content Mastery Activities such as fill-in-the-blank, matching, and multiple-choice questions, word scramble exercises, crossword puzzles, and critical thinking activities help you apply essential concepts.
- Critique Activities refer to research studies from the textbook and challenge you to critique various aspects of the research.
- Web-Based Activities direct you to online sources of information to practice appraising research found on the Internet.
- Evidence-Based Practice Activities at the end of each chapter reinforce the importance of using research evidence in clinical practice.
- An Answer Key at the back of the study guide allows you to check your answers for immediate performance feedback.
PART I. OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
- Integrating the Processes of Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions
- Gathering and Appraising the Literature
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Qualitative Approaches to Research
- Appraising Qualitative Research
- Introduction to Quantitative Research
- Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs
- Nonexperimental Designs
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Data Collection Methods
- Reliability and Validity
- Data Analysis: Descriptive and Inferential Statistics
- Understanding Research Findings
- Appraising Quantitative Research
- Developing an Evidence-Based Practice
- Tools for Applying Evidence to Practice
PART II. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
PART III. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
PART IV. APPLICATION OF RESEARCH: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE