Corresponding to chapters in Nursing Research in Canada, 4th Edition, this companion study guide enriches your understanding of nursing research and evidence-informed practice. Easy to understand and set entirely within a Canadian context, the new edition examines the various roles of research in nursing, application and analysis, and coverage of evidence-informed practice. The companion study guide allows you to further practice and hone the critiquing skills discussed in the textbook. Each chapter includes a wide-variety of activities including fill-in-the-blank questions, matching exercises, puzzles, and more that correlates with clinical practice experiences. This must-have companion will help you to fully understand important skills, concepts, and procedures!
- Introduction and Learning Outcomes at the start of each chapter help you focus on key content.
- Activities and exercises help you master the material and include crossword puzzles, fill-in-the-blank and matching-column exercises, and student group activities.
- Additional activities refer you to current research studies in the text.
- Answers to Activities and Post-Tests at the end of each chapter facilitate self-study and provide immediate feedback for material comprehension.
Part I: Research Overview
1. The Role of Research in Nursing
2. Theoretical Framework
3. Critical Reading Strategies: Overview of the Research Process
4. Developing Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions
5. Finding and Appraising the Literature
6. Legal and Ethical Issues
Part II: Qualitative Research
7. Introduction to Qualitative Research
8. Qualitative Approaches to Research
Part III: Quantitative Research
9. Introduction to Quantitative Research
10. Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs
11. Non-experimental Designs
Part IV: Processes Related to Research
13. Data Collection Methods
14. Rigour in Research
15. Qualitative Data Analysis
16. Quantitative Data Analysis
17. Presenting the Findings
Part V: Critiquing Research
18. Critiquing Qualitative Research
19. Critiquing Quantitative Research
Part IV: Application of Research: Evidence-Informed Practice
20. Developing an Evidence-Informed Practice
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Canada 2018
- 15th December 2017
- Mosby Canada
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor, Director of PhD Nursing Program, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Nursing Systems and Technology, Houston, Texas
The Ursula Springer Leadership Professor in Nursing, Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York University, New York, New York
Dean, School of Health, Justice, and Human Services, Bow Valley College, Alberta
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada