Prepare for success in the classroom! Corresponding to the chapters in the 9th edition of Lewis' market-leading Medical-Surgical Nursing, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of activities to help you understand key nursing concepts. Alternate item format questions reflect the most current NCLEX test plan. To make studying easier, answers for all exercises are included in the back of the book.
- A wide variety of clinically relevant exercises and activities includes NCLEX examination-style multiple-choice questions, prioritization and delegation questions, case studies, fill-in-the-blank questions, anatomy and physiology review, critical thinking activities, and more.
- Answers to all questions are included in the back of the book, giving you immediate feedback as you study.
- Additional alternate item format questions incorporating prioritization and delegation are included to better prepare you for the most current NCLEX exam.
- Attractive two-color design ties the study guide to the textbook.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice
1. Professional Nursing Practice
2. Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care
3. Health History and Physical Examination
4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching
5. Chronic Illness and Older Adults
6. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
7. Stress and Stress Management
8. Sleep and Sleep Disorders
10. Palliative Care at End of Life
11. Substance Abuse
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
12. Inflammation and Wound Healing
13. Genetics and Genomics
14. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation
15. Infection and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care
18. Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
19. Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care&nbs
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 2nd December 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ
Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ