Unit One: Medical-Surgical Nursing Settings, Roles, and Issues
1. Caring for Medical-Surgical Patients
2. Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process
Unit Two: Medical-Surgical Patient Care Problems
3. Fluids, Electrolytes, Acid-Base Balance, and Intravenous Therapy
4. Care of Preoperative and Intraoperative Surgical Patients
5. Care of Postoperative Surgical Patients
6. Infection Prevention and Control
7. Care of Patients with Pain
8. Care of Patients with Cancer
9. Chronic Illness and Rehabilitation
Unit Three: Immune System
10. The Immune and Lymphatic Systems
11. Care of Patients with HIV/AIDS
12. Care of Patients with Immune and Lymphatic Disorders
Unit Four: Respiratory System
13. The Respiratory System
14. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Upper Respiratory System
15. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Lower Respiratory System
Unit Five: Hematologic System
16. The Hematologic System
17. Care of Patients with Hematologic Disorders
Unit Six: Cardiovascular System
18. The Cardiovascular System
19. Care of Patients with Hypertension and Peripheral Vascular Disease
20. Care of Patients with Cardiac Disorders
21. Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiac Surgery
Unit Seven: Neurologic System
22. The Neurologic System
23. Care of Patients with Head and Spinal Cord Injuries
24. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Brain
25. Care of Patients with Degenerative Neurologic Disorders
Unit Eight: Sensory System
26. The Sensory System: Eye and Ear
27. Care of Patients with Disorders of the Eyes and Ears
Designed for use with Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice, 2nd Edition, this study guide provides an in-depth review of the most important concepts in the text. It features a clear, friendly writing style, creative practice exercises and activities, and unique Steps to Better Communication sections in each chapter.
- Review Questions for the NCLEX Examination, which include alternate-item format questions, test your knowledge of chapter content while providing valuable practice for the licensure exam.
- Critical Thinking activities based on concepts in the textbook encourage you to apply what you've learned to clinical scenarios.
- Application of the Nursing Process and Priority Setting exercises reflect real-life patient care situations to help you prepare for success on exams and in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Steps Toward Better Communication sections include a vocabulary-building glossary, completion tasks, pronunciation and grammar exercises, and communication exercises.
- Textbook page references throughout guide you to relevant content in the textbook for further study.
- To the Student preface offers valuable study hints and tips.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 24th February 2012
- Paperback ISBN:
Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA