- Becoming a Successful Student
- The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
- The Medical Assisting Profession
- Professional Behavior in the Workplace
- Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
- Medicine and Ethics
- Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
- Computer Concepts
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments
- Patient Reception and Processing
- Office Environment and Daily Operations
- Written Communications and Mail Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
- The Paper Medical Record
- The Electronic Medical Record
- Health Information Management
- Privacy in the Physician’s Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding
- Basics of Procedure Coding
- Basics of Health Insurance
- The Health Insurance Claim Form
- Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
- Banking Services and Procedures
- Management of Practice Finances
- Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
- Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties
- Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergenci
Get more practice with medical assisting competencies and test your critical thinking skills! Designed to reinforce your understanding of Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 8th Edition by Alexandra P. Adams, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help you master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and prepare for your career in medical assisting.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
- Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and submit to your instructor for evaluation.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Work documentation proves to your instructor and to accrediting organizations that you have completed each competency.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 15th August 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX