Get more practice with the essential medical assisting job skills! Designed to support Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition, Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant – Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package: An Applied Learning Approach, 13th Edition offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common administrative skills — including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Procedure checklists help you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
- Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors and to accrediting organizations when a competency has been mastered.
- Cross-references tie together exercises in the study guide to the Connections theme in the main text.
Unit 1 – Introduction to Medical Assisting
1. The Medical Assistant and Competency-Based Education
2. The Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
3. Professional Behavior in the Workplace
4. Therapeutic Communications
5. Patient Education
6. Medicine and Law
7. Medicine and Ethics
Unit 2 – Ambulatory Care Administration
8. Technology and Written Communication in the Medical Office
9. Telephone Techniques
10. Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
11. Daily Operations in the Ambulatory Care Setting
12. The Health Record
13. Administrative Pharmacology Applications
Unit 3 –Coding and Medical Billing Procedures
14. Basics of Diagnostic Coding
15. Basics of Procedural Coding
16. Basics of Health Insurance
17. Medical Billing and Reimbursement
Unit 4 – Medical Office Administrative Functions
18. Patient Accounts, Collections and Practice Management
19. Banking Services and Procedures
20. Supervision and Human Resources Management
21. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit 5 – Assisting with Medical Specialties
22. All-Hazard Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit 6 – Career Development
23. Career Development and Life Skills
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2017
- 1st July 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA
Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), has spent her entire career in health care, first as a medical assistant in a variety of offices and clinics, developing expertise in the electronic health record. She combines her education in dietetics with her clinical and administrative experience as an instructor in the Medical Assisting program at Chippewa Valley Technical College in Wisconsin, where she has taught for the past 18 years. Julie is also the program director for the college’s new Health Navigator program.
Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
AHIMA Approved ICD-10 Trainer COO, PPJ Enterprises Upland, California
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.