- Becoming a Successful Student
- The Healthcare Industry
- The Medical Assisting Profession
- Professional Behavior in the Workplace
- Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
- Medicine and Ethics
- Medicine and Law
- Computer Concepts
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments
- Patient Reception and Processing
- Office Environment and Daily Operations
- Written Communications and Mail Processing
- The Paper Medical Record
- The Electronic Medical Record
- Health Information Management
- Privacy in the Physician’s Office
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding
- Basics of Procedure Coding
- Basics of Health Insurance
- The Health Insurance Claim Form
- Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
- Banking Services and Procedures
- Management of Practice Finances
- Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
- Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
- Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
- Career Development and Life Skills
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties
Unit Seven: Career Development
Get more practice with medical assisting competencies and test your critical thinking skills! Designed to reinforce your understanding of Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 8th Edition by Alexandra P. Adams, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help you master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and prepare for your career in medical assisting.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
- Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and submit to your instructor for evaluation.
- Additional exercises enhance learning with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, workplace applications, and Internet activities.
- Work documentation proves to your instructor and to accrediting organizations that you have completed each competency.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2014
- 15th August 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX