Learn to master maternal-newborn and women’s health nursing. Designed to accompany Murray's Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women's Health Nursing, 7th Edition, this workbook study guide gives you an in-depth understanding of the material from each chapter in the text. Learning activities and case studies encourage critical thought, and simulated patient situations give you practice applying what you’ve learned to the NCLEX® exam and clinical practice.
- Check yourself multiple-choice questions provide opportunity to prepare for NCLEX® examination.
- Clinical case studies encourage critical thinking for you to interpret information and select appropriate nursing actions.
- Learning activities help you master the content in their textbook and include: matching terms, medical therapy descriptions, nursing measures and their rationales, and labelling illustrations exercises.
- Developing insight suggested learning activities direct you to develop knowledge and interpret information gathered in cultural and community settings.
- Perforated book pages allow you to utilize the study guide for graded assignments.
PART I: FOUNDATIONS FOR NURSING CARE OF THE CHILDBEARING FAMILIES
1. Maternity and Women’s Health Care Today
2. Social, Ethical and Legal Issues
3. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
4. Hereditary and Environmental Influences on Childbearing
PART II: THE FAMILY BEFORE BIRTH
5. Conception and Prenatal Development
6. Maternal Adaptations to Pregnancy
7. Antepartum Assessment, Care and Education
8. Nutrition for Childbearing
9. Assessing the Fetus: Prenatal Screening and Diagnostic Testing and Antepartum Fetal Testing
10. Complications of Pregnancy
11. The Childbearing Family with Special Needs
PART III: THE FAMILY DURING BIRTH
12. Processes of Birth
13. Pain management during Childbirth
14. Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance
15. Nursing Care During Labor and Birth
16. Intrapartum Complications
PART IV: THE FAMILY FOLLOWING BIRTH
17. Postpartum Adaptations and Nursing Care
18. Postpartum Maternal Complications
19. Normal Newborn: Processes of Adaptation
20. Assessment of the Normal Newborn
21. Care of the Normal Newborn
22. Infant Feeding
23. High-Risk Newborn: Complications Associated with Gestational Age and Development
24. High-Risk Newborn: Acquired and Congenital Conditions
PART VI: WOMEN’S HEALTH CARE
25. Family Planning
27. Women’s Health
Answers to Selected Questions
- © Saunders 2019
- 1st March 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emerita, Health Professions, Golden West College, Huntington Beach, CA
Baylor Healthcare System, Dallas, TX