Get more out of your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Cooper and Gosnell’s Foundations and Adult Health Nursing, 7th Edition, this study guide helps you learn, understand, and apply the concepts of LPN/LVN nursing. Hundreds of labeling, matching, and fill-in-the-blank questions are included, each with textbook page references. It also includes critical thinking questions based on clinical scenarios, and multiple-choice and alternate-format questions to help you review for the NCLEX-PN® examination.
- Learning activities help you meet content objectives, and include crossword puzzles, labeling, matching, completion, identification, NCLEX® exam-style multiple-choice review questions, and critical thinking questions.
- Page references are included for all activities except for the critical thinking questions, to facilitate your review.
- A complete answer key for the study guide is provided in the student resources on Evolve.
- Evolution of Nursing
2. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing
5. Nursing Process and Critical Thinking
6. Cultural and Ethnic Considerations
7. Asepsis and Infection Control
8. Body Mechanics and Patient Mobility
9. Hygiene and Care of the Patient’s Environment
11. Vital Signs
12. Physical Assessment
13. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge
14. Surgical Wound Care
15. Specimen Collection and Diagnostic Testing
16. Care of Patients Experiencing Urgent Alterations in Health
17. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
18. Pain Management, Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
19. Nutritional Concepts and Related Therapies
20. Fluids and Electrolytes
21. Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration
22. Care of Patients with Alterations in Health
23. Lifespan Development
24. Loss, Grief, Dying, and Death
25. Health Promotion and Pregnancy
26. Labor and Delivery
27. Care of the Mother and Newborn
28. Care of the High-Risk Mother, Newborn, and Family with Special Needs
29. Health Promotion for the Infant, Child, and Adolescent
30. Basic Pediatric Nursing Care
31. Care of the Child with a Physical and Mental or Cognitive Disorder
32. Health Promotion and Care of the Older Adult
33. Concepts of Mental Health
34. Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder
35. Care of the Patient with an Addictive Personality
36. Home Health Nursing
37. Long-Term Care
38. Rehabilitation Nursing
39. Hospice Care
40. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
41. Care of the Surgical Patient
42. Care of the Patient with an Integumentary Disorder
43. Care of the Patient with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
44. Care of the Patient with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
45. Care of the Patient with a Gallbladder, Liver, Biliary Tract, or Exocrine Pancreatic Disorder
46. Care of the Patient with a Blood or Lymphatic Disorder
47. Care of the Patient with a Cardiovascular or a Peripheral Vascular Disorder
48. Care of the Patient with a Respiratory Disorder
49. Care of the Patient with a Urinary Disorder
50. Care of the Patient with an Endocrine Disorder
51. Care of the Patient with a Reproductive Disorder
52. Care of the Patient with a Visual or Auditory Disorder
53. Care of the Patient with a Neurologic Disorder
54. Care of the Patient with an Immune Disorder
55. Care of the Patient with HIV/AIDS
56. Care of the Patient with Cancer
57. Professional Roles and Leadership
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 15th August 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, is Associate Professor and Dean of the School of Nursing at Ivy Tech Community College in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, Indiana
Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, is Associate Professor and Department Chair of the School of Nursing at Ivy Tech Community College at Terre Haute, Indiana.
Associate Professor of Nursing, Ivy Tech Community College, Terre Haute, Indiana
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.