- Chapter review questions include matching, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false questions to provide evaluation and test-taking practice.
- Skills performance checklists help you measure your mastery of important nursing procedures.
- Each chapter includes a case study with related questions allowing you to apply what you’ve learned.
- Instructions for creating and using study charts assist you in organizing the material and reviewing key concepts.
- Study group questions make it easier for you to review material with your peers.
Unit One: Concepts in Nursing
1. Health and Wellness
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Legal Principles in Nursing
6. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit Two: Processes in Nursing Care
7. Critical Thinking
8. Nursing Process
9. Informatics and Documentation
11. Patient Education
12. Managing Patient Care
Unit Three: Essentials for Nursing Practice
13. Infection Prevention and Control
14. Vital Signs
15. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
16. Administering Medications
17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
Unit Four: Promoting Psychosocial Health
18. Caring in Nursing Practice
19. Cultural Diversity
20. Spiritual Health
21. Growth and Development
22. Self-Concept and Sexuality
23. Family Context in Nursing
24. Stress and Coping
25. Loss and Grief
Unit Five: Promoting Physical Health
26. Exercise and Activity
31. Pain Management
33. Urinary Elimination
34. Bowel Elimination
36. Skin and Wound Care
37. Sensory Alterations
38. Surgical Patient