Get the most out of your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Potter and Perry’s Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 5th Edition, this study guide helps you understand key nursing concepts with review questions, exercises, and learning activities. Skills performance checklists on an Evolve companion website help you learn and master important nursing procedures.
- Multiple-choice review questions include matching, short answer, multiple choice, and true/false questions to evaluate your understanding and provide test-taking practice.
- Case studies show how key concepts from the text apply to real-world clinical scenarios.
- Critical Thinking Model exercises help you apply what you have learned in the case studies.
- Skills performance checklists help you measure your mastery of important nursing procedures.
- Comprehensive Understanding sections help you master the key topics and main ideas in each chapter.
- Perforated pages are easy to tear out and hand in as homework assignments.
Unit 1: Health and Health Care in Canada
- Health and Wellness
- The Canadian Health Care Delivery System
- The Development of Nursing in Canada
- Community Health Nursing Practice
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Research as a Basis for Practice
- Nursing Values and Ethics
- Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
- Global Health, Culture, and Diversity
- Nursing Leadership, Management, and Collaborative Practice
- Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Assessment and Diagnosis
- Planning and Implementing Nursing Care
- Evaluation of Nursing Care
- Documenting and Reporting
- Nursing Informatics and Canadian Nursing Practice
- Caring in Nursing Practice
- Family Nursing
- Patient Education
- Developmental Theories
- Conception Through Adolescence
- Young to Middle Adulthood
- Older Adulthood
- Spiritual Health
- The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
- Stress and Adaptation
Unit 2: Foundations of Nursing Practice
Unit 3: Approaches to Nursing Care
Unit 4: Working with Patients and Families
Unit 5: Caring Throughout the Lifespan
Unit 6: Psychosocial Considerations
Unit 7: Scientific Basis for Nursing Practice
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Canada 2014
- 15th March 2013
- Mosby Canada
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL