Structure, Properties and Preparation of Perovskite-Type Compounds, Volume 5 presents the various methods of preparing powders, single crystals, and thin films of perovskite-type compounds. This book discusses the structure of perovskite-type compounds and their properties.
Organized into 11 chapters, this volume begins with an overview of the structure, properties, and preparation of perovskite-type compounds. This text then examines how X-ray diffraction can be used to determine unit cell data and to orient single crystals. Other chapters consider the effect of nuclear radiation on the properties of ferroelectric materials.
This book discusses as well the phase transitions in perovskite-type compounds, which are often associated with a change in ferroelectric properties. The final chapter explores the two techniques in the preparation of the ternary carbides with the perovskite structure, which involves melting the appropriate proportions of the two metals and carbon under argon. This book is a valuable resource for solid-state chemists.
- Introduction 2 Structure of Perovskite-type Compounds 2.1. Ternary Oxides 2.2. Complex Oxides 2.3. Madelung Energy 2.4. Ionic Radii References 3 X-Ray Diffraction and Electron Paramagnetic Studies 3.1. X-Ray Diffraction 3.2. Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Studies References 4 Conductivity 4.1. Conductors 4.2. Superconductors 4.3. Semiconductors 4.4. Thermoelectricity 4.5. Hall Effect References
- Ferroelectricity 5.1. Ternary Perovskites 5.2. Solid Solutions 5.3. Complex Perovskites 5.4. Effect of Nuclear Irradiation 5.5. Applications of Ferroelectric Materials 5.6. Theories of Ferroelectricity
- Phase Transitions 6.1. Ternary Perovskites 6.2. Complex Perovskite-Type Compounds
- Optical Properties 8.1. Transmittance 8.2. Coloration by Light 8.3. Electro-optic Effect 8.4. Lasers
- Other Properties 9.1. Catalysts 9.2. Thermal Conductivity 9.3. Melting Points 9.4. Heats of Formation 9.5. Thermal Expansion 9.6. Density 9.7. Mechanical Properties
- Preparation of Perovskite-Type Oxides 10.1. Powders 10.2. Thin Films 10.3. Single Crystals
- Other Perovskite-Type Compounds 11.1. Preparation of Perovskite-type Phases 11.2. Structure 11.3. Properties Index Other Titles in the Series
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1969
- 1st January 1969
- eBook ISBN: