Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Structure of High-Resolution NMR Spectra provides the principles, theories, and mathematical and physical concepts of high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance spectra.
The book presents the elementary theory of magnetic resonance; the quantum mechanical theory of angular momentum; the general theory of steady state spectra; and multiple quantum transitions, double resonance and spin echo experiments.
Physicists, chemists, and researchers will find the book a valuable reference text.
Chapter 1. Elementary Theory of Magnetic Resonance
1. The Physical Background
2. Classical Dynamics of Magnetic Moments in Applied Fields
3. The Resonance Phenomenon
4. The Phenomenological Theory
Chapter 2. Theory of Spin Angular Momentum
1. The Vector Character of Spin Angular Momentum
2. Analysis of the Eigenvalue Problem
3. Transformation Theory
Chapter 3. Quantum Mechanics of Magnetic Moments in External Fields
1. The Equation of Motion
2. Magnetic Moments in Stationary Fields
3. Magnetic Moments in Rotating Fields
Chapter 4. Angular Momentum of Multispin Systems
1. Products of Vector Spaces
2. Kronecker Products of Linear Transformations
3. General Theory of Spin Angular Momentum
Chapter 5. General Theory of Steady-State Spectra
1. Characteristics of High-Resolution Spectra
2. The Hamiltonian Operator and Its Properties
3. Transition Probabilities
4. Theory of Magnetically Equivalent Nuclei
Chapter 6. Systems with Two Groups of Magnetically Equivalent Nuclei
1. The AB System
2. The A2B System
3. The General AnAB System
4. The AnAB2 System
Chapter 7. Perturbation and Moments Calculations
1. Perturbation Theory
2. The X Approximation and Its Generalizations
3. The AnABXnX System
4. Moment Analysis of High-Resolution Spectra
Chapter 8. The Analysis of Symmetrical Spin Systems
1. Properties of Finite Groups
2. Elements of Representation Theory
3. Symmetrization of Basis Vectors
4. Systems Containing Symmetrically Equivalent Groups
5. The X Approximation for Symmetrical Systems
Chapter 9. Multiple Quantum Transitions, Double Resonance and Spin Echo Experiments
1. Multiple Quantum Transitions
2. Double Resonance Experiments
3. Spin Echo Experiments
Appendix I. Some Definitions and Theorems of Linear Algebra
1. Mathematical Notation
2. Vector Spaces
3. Linear Transformations
4. Diagonalization of Commuting Matrices
Appendix II. Three-Dimensional Orthogonal Transformations
Appendix III. Exponential Operators
1. Definition and Elementary Properties
2. Expansion of eA+B
Appendix IV. The Difference Equation of Laplace
Appendix V. Trace Calculations
Appendix VI. Numerical Data for Some Two-Group Systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1967
- 1st January 1967
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.