1. Structure and Mechanics of Yarns
2. Structure and Mechanics of Woven Fabrics
3. Structure and Mechanics of Knitted Fabrics
4. Structure and Mechanics of Nonwovens
5. Structure and mechanics of 2D and 3D textile composites
6. Structure and Mechanics of Coated Textile Fabrics
7. Structure and Mechanics of Braided Fabrics
8. Fabrics for heat and flame protection
9. Mechanical Properties of Medical Textiles
Appendix - Fundamentals of Mechanics of Materials
Structure and Mechanics of Textile Fibre Assemblies, Second Edition, offers detailed information on all aspects of textile structure and mechanics. This new edition is updated to include the latest technology and techniques, as well as fiber assembly for major application areas. Chapters discuss the mechanics of materials and key mechanical concepts, such as stress, strain, bending and shear, but also examine structure and mechanics in-depth, including fabric type, covering yarns, woven fabrics, knitted fabrics, nonwovens, tufted fabrics, textile composites, laminated and coated textile fabrics, and braided structures. Finally, structure and mechanics are approached from the viewpoint of key applications areas.
This book will be an essential source of information for scientists, technologists, engineers, designers, manufacturers and R&D managers in the textile industry, as well as academics and researchers in textiles and fiber science.
- Provides methodical coverage of all essential fabric types, including yarns, woven fabrics, knitted fabrics, nonwovens, tufted fabrics, textile composites, laminated and coated textile fabrics, and braided structures
- Enables the reader to understand the mechanical properties and structural parameters of fabric at a highly detailed level
- Expanded update includes an analysis of fiber assemblies for key technical areas, such as protective fabrics and medical textiles
Textile scientists, technologists and engineers; R&D managers, designers and manufacturers in textiles and related industries; academics and researchers in textiles and fiber science
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st July 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Peter Schwartz is currently Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Auburn University, USA. He was formerly Head of the Department of Polymer and Fiber Engineering at Auburn (2006-13). He has published numerous scientific publications in the area of fibre and material behaviour, and is a member of several societies, including the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Society of Plastics Engineers, American Chemical Society, and American Society for Engineering Education.
Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, USA