Simple and straightforward, Thibodeau and Patton's Structure & Function of the Body, 14th Edition makes the difficult concepts of anatomy and physiology clear and easier to understand. Focusing on the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis, this introductory text provides more than 400 vibrantly detailed illustrations and a variety of interactive learning tools to help you establish an essential foundation for success in the care of the human body.
- A clear, straightforward approach makes complex anatomy and physiology concepts more accessible.
- UNIQUE! Each chapter reinforces your understanding of the structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body allows you to peel back the layers of the human body and perform a virtual dissection.
- UNIQUE! Science Application boxes highlight practical applications of A&P content by scientific leaders.
- Quick Check boxes test your comprehension as you read through each chapter.
- Boxes and tables detail real-life applications in the areas of Health and Well Being, Clinical Applications, and Research, Issues, and Trends.
- Chapter tests, review questions, and critical thinking questions identify areas needing further study.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, study tips, and appendices help you study more effectively and find the information you need fast.
1. An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
2. Chemistry of Life
3. Cells and Tissues
4. Organ Systems of the Body
5. The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
8. The Nervous System
9. The Senses
10. The Endocrine System
12. The Circulatory System
13. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
14. The Respiratory System
15. The Digestive System
16. Nutrition and Metabolism
17. The Urinary System
18. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
19. Acid-Base Balance
20. The Reproductive Systems
21. Growth and Development
Appendix A: Body Mass Index
Appendix B: Common Medical Abbreviations, Prefixes, and Suffixes
Chapter Test Answers
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 6th October 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI
Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO