Numerous worked examples
Clear and easy to follow
Table of Contents
- Introduction - The causes and effects of structural vibration * The reduction of structural vibration * The analysis of structural vibration * Outline of the text * The Vibration of structures having one degree of freedom - Free undamped vibration * Free damped vibration * Forced vibration * The vibration of structures with more than one degree of freedom - The vibration of structures with two degrees of freedom * The vibration of structures with more than two degrees of freedom * Modal analysis techniques * The vibration of continuous structures - Longitudinal vibration of a thin uniform beam * Transverse vibration of a thin uniform beam * The analysis of continuous structures by Rayleigh's energy method * Transverse vibration of thin uniform plates * The finite element method * The vibration of beams fabricated from more than one material * Damping in Structures - Sources of vibration excitation and isolation * Vibration isolation * Structural vibration limits * Structural damage * Effects of damping on vibration response of structures * The measurement of structural damping * Sources of damping * Active damping systems * Energy dissipation in non-linear structures * Problems * Answers and worked solutions * Index.
- No. of pages: 276
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 1996
- Published: May 31, 1996
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Paperback ISBN: 9780340645802
- eBook ISBN: 9780080518053
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Structural Vibration"