Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Actions on structures subjected to fire
2. Fire Design of Concrete Structures
3. Fire Design of Steel Structures
4. Fire Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures
5. Fire Design of Timber Structures
6. Fire Design of Masonry Structures
7. Fire Design of Aluminium Structures
Structural Fire Engineering: From Principles to Eurocode Design is a comprehensive handbook to fire safety in structural design. Designers, civil engineers and structural engineers will find a go-to reference for the principles of structural fire safety that underlie the Eurocodes. This book covers the diverse types of structure and materials currently in use, including concrete, steel, masonry, composite steel and concrete, timber, and aluminum and its alloys. In addition, it offers practicing designers and engineers a comprehensive, landmark guide to fire safety in the design of structures, relating physical principles to Eurocode design.
Fire is an ancient danger, but due to novel methods of calculation, structural fire design is rapidly evolving. In structural fire design, designers must take into account physical phenomena at high temperatures. That is, they must understand the principles behind the fire safety methods that are in sue. The scope of design procedures given in the Eurocodes, and the effects of design procedures on the huge variety of materials and structures in use, therefore poses a challenge.
- Supports structural fire designers by describing the physical behavior of various materials and structures at high temperatures
- Presents the physical principles behind Eurocode structural fire engineering in relation to various materials
- Describes the behaviors and principles at work for a wide variety of materials at high temperatures
- Explains the principles and methods of fire safety design
- Gives solutions to problems in fire safety for the design of structures
Designers, structural engineers, civil engineers, fire safety technicians; Researchers and postgraduate students in engineering and design
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st April 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
João Paulo Correia Rodrigues is Professor of Civil Engineering and Fire Safety Engineering in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of Coimbra in Portugal. He holds a PhD in Civil Engineering from the Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) of the Technical University of Lisbon. His research focusses on the fire safety of structures, the behaviour of structural and non-structural materials at high temperatures, and fire safety engineering. He has published nearly 400 articles, and has participated in numerous international working groups on fire safety. He is an expert in the field of fire safety engineering.
Professor of Civil Engineering and Fire Safety Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.