Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism is the must-have text for students studying travel and tourism. It brings theory to life by using industry-based case studies, and in doing so, 'speaks the language' of the Travel and Tourism student.
Among the new features and topics included in this edition are:
- international case studies from large-scale businesses such as Airtours, MyTravel and South West Airlines
- user-friendly applications of strategic management theory, such as objectives, products and markets and strategic implementation, together with illustrative case studies, and longer case studies for seminar work and summaries
- contemporary strategic issues affecting travel and tourism organizations, such as vertical integration and strategic alliances
Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism is a well-rounded book, ideal for all undergraduate and postgraduate students focusing on strategy in travel and tourism.
- Specifically written for the travel and tourism industry with strategic management applications and theory
- Brings theory to life with industry-based case studies from Airtours, Marriott and Thomas Cook to enhance learning and understanding
- Well rounded book which covers the contemporary strategic issues affecting travel and tourism organizations, such as cruising and 'all-inclusive' holidays
Undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in the travel tourism fields;practitioners.
Introduction; Strategy and strategic objectives for travel and tourism organizations; Introduction to strategy for travel and tourism; The travel and tourism organization - competences, resources and competitive advantage; The travel and tourism organization - the human context; Financial analysis and performance indicators; The travel and tourism organization - products and markets; The external environment for travel and tourism organizations - the macro context; The external environment for travel and tourism organizations - the micro context; SWOT Analysis; Competitive strategy and strategic direction for travel and tourism organizations; Strategic methods of development for travel and tourism; Strategic evaluation and selection; Strategic implementation for travel and tourism organizations; International and global strategies for travel and tourism organizations; Case studies; Glossary; Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2003
- 2nd December 2002
- Paperback ISBN:
Acting Dean at Teesside Business School, University of Teesside
David Campbell is senior lecturer in strategic management at Newcastle Business School, University of Northumbria at Newcastle. He is the author of several books including 'Business Strategy' and 'Organizations and the Business Environment'. His research interests include business ethics and social and environmental accounting.
Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management, Newcastle Business School
George Stonehouse is also visiting professor in international strategic management, at the University of Zhengzhou, People's Republic of China. His research interests include globalisation, knowledge-based strategy and organisational learning.
Principal Lecturer in Strategic Management, Newcastle Business School
"...the appeal of this book lies in its ability to act as a general reference text primarily to final year undergraduate students. In a text of 401 pages the authors have been able to provide a comprehensive introduction to the concept of business strategy. Material is clear concise and logical and the text is written in a student-friendly fashion. There is much to commend in this book and as such it should make a valuable contribution to the teaching of tourism." - Tourism Management Volume 27, Issue 5 , October 2006, Pages 1084-1085