Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Stochastic Crack Propagation: Essential Practical Aspects describes a feature important to the analysis of stochastic crack propagation, starting with essential background theory. Processes, or phenomena, which are of practical importance in the work of design engineers or R&D teams are described chapter by chapter. Many examples are described and supported by listed references, and files of data that can be used with specialist software to practice design situations are included. Advice on how to use various computer programs to design and predict for stochastic crack growth is also provided, giving professionals a complete guide.
- Presents instructions and exercises in the ideal format for professionals, focusing on applications
- Explains a methodology on how to optimize the engineering design process by including stochastic crack growth behavior
- Provides computational files to help readers get up-to-speed with design using programs like ANSYS and NASTRAN for stochastic crack growth
R&D engineers in industry involved with the design process of prototypes in aerospace, mechanical and civil engineering projects
- Basic concepts of stochastic crack propagation
2. Some important statistical distributions
3. Some basic concepts of probabilistic analysis
4. Data on initial crack distribution
5. Two basic methods of solution
6. Effects of static bias
7. Differential equation of crack growth
8. Random process of crack growth
9. Improved model by Tanaka and Tsurui
10. Stochastic crack growth and the probability of failure for harmonic excitation
11. Relevant computer programs
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 4th January 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Giora Maymon obtained his doctor of sciences from Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 1975. He has worked in RAFAEL-Armament Development Authority since 1963, so he has more than 50 years of experience in practical project oriented design. The work was centered on structural analysis and testing, structural dynamics, probabilistic structural analysis and stochastic crack propagation. He is author of two books (one published by the AIAA and one by Elsevier), and a participant in another two edited books. Details on publications and conference presentations are given in http://gioram.webs.com. He has more than 20 years of experience in stochastic crack propagation, and wrote numerous RAFAEL internal reports on the subject.
Doctor of Sciences, RAFAEL-Armament Development Authority, Haifa, Israel
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.