Methods in Hormone Research, Volume III: Steroidal Activity in Experimental Animals and Man, Part A focuses on protection against irradiation damage, anti-mammary tumor activity, body lipids, anti-aldosterone, central depressant action, and copulatory reflex activity.
The selection first offers information on estrogens and anti-estrogens, including relative potencies in vaginal smear tests, vaginal tests, and uterine weight tests, mechanism of estrogen action, and mode action of anti-estrogens. The book then examines irradiation protection and anti-mammary tumor activities in rats and mice.
The publication surveys steroids and lipid metabolism and the activities of adrenocorticosteroids in experimental animals and man. Discussions focus on adrenocortical, estrogenic, and androgenic and anabolic steroids; relative activities of corticosteroids assessed by laboratory and clinical methodology; and comparative efficacies of corticosteroids. The manuscript then ponders on anti-aldosterones, steroid central depressants, and copulatory reflex response to steroids. The selection is a vital source of data for readers interested in steroidal activity in man and animals.
Contents Contributors to Volume III Preface Contents of Volumes I, II, and IV
- Estrogens I. Types of Estrogen II. Relative Potencies in Vaginal Smear Tests III. Relative Potencies in Other Vaginal Tests IV. Relative Potencies in Uterine Weight Tests V. Relative Potencies in Other Tests VI. Relative Potencies in Man VII. Interruption of Early Pregnancy VIII. Investigations in Vitro IX. Mechanism of Estrogen Action References
- Anti-Estrogens I. Types of Anti-Estrogens II. Relative Potencies in Vaginal Smear Tests III. Relative Potencies in Other Vaginal Tests IV. Relative Potencies in Uterine Weight Tests V. In Vitro Tests VI. Other Activities VII. Mode of Action of Anti-Estrogens References
- Irradiation Protection I. Introduction II. Corticoids III. Estrogens IV. Androgens V. Progestational Steroids VI. Summary References
- Anti-Mammary Tumor Activities in Rats and Mice I. Introduction II. Steroids Showing Activity Against Mouse Mammary Tumors III. Steroids Showing Activity Against Rat Mammary Tumors IV. Activity of Steroids Against a Spectrum of Rat and Mouse Mammary Tumors References
- Steroids and Lipid Metabolism I. Introduction II. Adrenocortical Steroids III. Estrogenic Steroids IV. Androgenic and Anabolic Steroids V. Progestational Steroids VI. Steroid Inhibitors of Cholesterol Biosynthesis References
- Activities of Adrenocorticosteroids in Experimental Animals and Man I. Introduction II. Relative Activities of Corticosteroids Assessed by Laboratory and Clinical Methodology III. Comparative Efficacies of Corticosteroids IV. Structure-Activity Relationships References
- Anti-Aldosterones I. Introduction II. Steroidal Spirolactones
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1964
- 1st January 1964
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: