Stem Cells: Therapeutic Innovations under Control traces the discovery of stem cells and induced pluripotent cells. It establishes the link between knowledge about cell development and tissue engineering, and presents perspectives in regenerative medicine. Cell proliferation and tissue architecture open up unexpected applications in tissue engineering, with the development of tissues or organs. In this context emerges the need to address the issue of bioethics and regulatory considerations. Because stem cells can multiply and differentiate into cells specific to a particular tissue or organ, they represent vast potential in the health field.
- Traces the discovery of stem cells to link knowledge of cell development with tissue engineering
- Presents prospects in regenerative medicine
- Establishes the link between knowledge about cell development and tissue engineering
Researchers, scientists, post-graduate students
- Stem cells, a promise of hope for health
2. From research to regenerative medicine
3. Bioethics and Regulations
- No. of pages:
- © ISTE Press - Elsevier 2018
- 1st March 2018
- ISTE Press - Elsevier
- Hardcover ISBN:
DR Nicole Arrhighi is a lecturer at the University Nice-Sophia Antipolis. She studied at the Université de Technologie de Compiègne.
Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France