Authored by experts of international renown, State-of-the-Art Orthodontics: Self-Ligating Appliances, Mini-Screws and Second Molars Extraction is lavishly illustrated throughout and explains the latest techniques in the management of Class II and III malocclusions including severe over-crowding. Places particular emphasis on the role of the Clarity™ Self-Ligating appliance – an esthetic device that also demonstrates excellent sliding biomechanics and allows use of low force levels and reduced treatment times.
- Authored by experts of international renown
- Lavish use of colour photography and artwork helps explain new concepts clearly
- Demonstrates the effective use of the Clarity™ Self-Ligating appliance, a device which contains all of the essential features of SmartClip™ but which also demonstrates greater patient acceptability and hence improvement in compliance
- Explains treatment options that show more predictable outcomes, good performance sliding biomechanics, the application of low force levels and reduced treatment times
- Ideal for orthodontists worldwide – whether qualified or in training
1. Low Friction Aesthetic Brackets - Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance
Characteristics of the Appliance
Prescription of the Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance System
Sliding Biomechanics with the Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Appliance
Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Bracket Removal
2. Mini-screws and Biomechanics in Orthodontics
SmartClip™ Self-Ligating Appliances and orthodontic mini-screws
Surgical protocol for insertion of mini-screws
Planning the set-up of the orthodontic appliance for the insertion of mini-screws
Mini-screws as an anchorage system in orthodontic biomechanic treatment mechanics with bicuspid extractions
Class II treatment with molar distalization using mini-screws
Intrusion of teeth using mini-screws
Mesialization and uprighting of molars using mini-screws
3. Second molar extractions
Development of Second Molars and Third Molars
Why should second molars be extracted?
When should second molars be extracted?
Characteristics of patients who undergo second molar extractions
Management of the distalizing mechanics
Eruption of third molars after second molars extraction
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2011
- 27th April 2011
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: