- Reviews starch structure and functionality
- Extensive coverage of the growing range of starch ingredients
- Examines how starch ingredients are used to improve the nutritional and sensory quality of food
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Analysing and modifying starch: Plant starch synthesis; Analysing starch structure; Starch bioengineering; Starch-acting enzymes; Understanding starch structure and functionality; Measuring starch in food. Part 2 Sources of starch: The functionality of wheat starch; Developments in potato starches; The functionality of rice starch; New corn starches; Tropical sources of starch. Part 3 Applications: Starch as an ingredient: Manufacture and applications; Utilising starches in product development; Modified starches and the stability of frozen foods; Starch-lipid interactions and their relevance in food products; Starch based microencapsulation. Part 4 Starch and health: Development of a range of industrialised cereal-based foodstuffs high in slowly digestible starch; Starch, physical and mental performance; Detecting nutritional starch fractions; Resistant starch; Analysing starch digestion.
- No. of pages: 624
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2004
- Published: August 1, 2004
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855739093
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Starch in Food"