This 33-chapter volume presents a critical examination of the importance of stable isotopes in understanding key plant metabolic processes.
- Carbon isotope analyses for estimates of plant water use and metabolism
- Integrated estimates of stress impacts and life history in ecological systems
- Hydrogen and oxygen isotope analyses for evaluating water sources and transpiration
- Use of stable isotopes in scaling from leaf to global levels
- Sections include: History and Theoretical Considerations, Ecological Aspects of Carbon Isotope Variation, Agricultural Aspects of Carbon Isotope Variation, Genetics and Isotopic Variation, Water Relations and Isotopic Composition
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1993
- 20th October 1993
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, U.S.A.
University of California, Riverside, U.S.A.
Australian National University, Canberra, Australia