Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Stability, Control and Application of Time-Delay Systems gives a systematic description of these systems. It includes adequate designs of integrated modeling and control and frequency characterizations. Common themes revolve around creating certain synergies of modeling, analysis, control, computing and applications of time delay systems that achieve robust stability while retaining desired performance quality. The book provides innovative insights into the state-of-the-art of time-delay systems in both theory and practical aspects. It has been edited with an emphasis on presenting constructive theoretical and practical methodological approaches and techniques.
- Unifies existing and emerging concepts concerning time delay dynamical systems
- Provides a series of the latest results in large-delay analysis and multi-agent and thermal systems with delays
- Gives in each chapter numerical and simulation results in order to reflect the engineering practice
Professionals, researchers or control engineers working on nonlinear control, stochastic control and networked control; signal processing engineers working on filtering, detection, and tracking over communication networks; mathematicians and physicists working on complex networks; postgraduate students majoring in control engineering, signal processing, network sciences and applied mathematics
Part 1. Stability Analysis
1. Introduction to time-delay systems
2. Systems with single delay
3. Systems with multiple delays
4. Stability of fractional order time-delay systems
Part 2. Control Design
5. Frequency domain approach
6. Time domain approach
7. Numerical approximation approach
Part 3. Applications
8. Consensus and formation control of Multi-agent systems with delays
9. Delayed-feedback vibration absorbers for energy harvesting
10. Cloud-Aided Semi-active Suspension with Delayed Information
11. Time delays in power systems
12. Stability assessment of time-delay models in biosciences
13. Human learning dynamics with time delay
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2019
- 18th June 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Qingbin Gao joined the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at California State University, Long Beach as an Assistant Professor in Fall 2015. He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology, China, in 2011 and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Connecticut in 2015. Dr. Gao's main research lies in the stability analysis and control synthesis of time-delay systems. He is recipient of the Best Conference Paper Award of the 2013 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Dynamic Systems and Control Conference.
Associate Professor at the Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen, Nanshan, Guangdong, China.
Dr. Karimi received the B.Sc. (First Hons.) degree in power systems from the Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 1998, and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. (First Hons.) degrees in control systems engineering from the University of Tehran, Tehran, in 2001 and 2005, respectively. His research interests are in the areas of control systems/theory, mechatronics, networked control systems, intelligent control systems, signal processing, vibration control, ground vehicles, structural control, wind turbine control and cutting processes. He is an Editorial Board Member for some international journals and several Technical Committee. Prof. Karimi has been presented a number of national and international awards, including Alexander-von-Humboldt Research Fellowship Award (in Germany), JSPS Research Award (in Japan), DAAD Research Award (in Germany), August-Wilhelm-Scheer Award (in Germany) and been invited as visiting professor at a number of universities in Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Spain, China, Korea, Japan, India.
Professor of Applied Mechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy